|I don't believe this! Now what?|
Abercrombie Fizzwidget was the Chief Executive Officer of Megacorp in the Bogon Galaxy. He was a galaxy-renowned genius, and was also known to be friendly and amicable to his customers. He may be the leader of the galaxy due to Megacorp's enormous sphere of influence across the galaxy. When one of his company's products - the Protopet - was discovered to have a key defect which caused it to become violent and eat its handlers, he gave Angela Cross, who worked in the genetics division, the task of fixing its flaws.
Later, Captain Qwark, desperate to regain his former celebrity status after his previous humiliation at the hands of Ratchet and Clank, locked Fizzwidget in a supply closet and assumed the latter's identity, recruiting Ratchet & Clank 's heroic duo to retrieve the Protopet from "The Thief" - Angela Cross. Despite her best efforts, the Protopet fell into the fake Fizzwidget's hands, and thousands of civilians fell victim to the blue pet when it was released onto the market. However Ratchet, Clank and Angela eventually defeated the original Protopet, apprehended Qwark, and used Angela's Helix-o-Morph to tame every Protopet in the galaxy. Fizzwidget was then finally freed, and he thanked Ratchet and Clank for all their work. He continued to provide the duo technological support afterwards.
It is also implied that Fizzwidget may have had connections with Slim Cognito, as when the latter sells Ratchet certain Megacorp weapons on Aquatos, he informs his customer that "Mr. Fizzwidget sends his regards". He was last seen in the movie theater at the final video of Up Your Arsenal, watching the Secret Agent Clank film.
| Let's just stomp around until we squish it!
This trivia section (or part of it) needs improving and should ideally be integrated into a behind the scenes section and main article with the trivia section eventually removed or reduced. See the talk page for further information and to discuss the exact implications of these improvements.
- His name is a parody of Abercrombie and Fitch, a popular clothes line.
- He had a secretary called Miss Noodlebottom.
- Mr. Fizzwidget was shown to be an intellectual, and has a habit of using longer words when talking. Captain Qwark, when posing as him, tried to copy this trait, but ended up saying the wrong words constantly. This is shown in the final scene when the original uses the right words.
- In the cutscene on Oozla where he appears on the TV when you make it through the Megacorp Store to teleport back to you ship, you will notice for a few seconds that Mr Fizzwidget's mouth stops moving. This may be the moment when Qwark ties him up in his supply closet and puts on the Fizzwidget suit, or just a glitch.
- Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando (first appearance)
- Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal
- Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault (mentioned only)