|Rate of Fire||
- "Hold down the fire button to charge, then let go to release a galactic can of whoopass!"
- ―Gadgetron HelpDesk[src]
The Alpha Disruptor was a very powerful Lombax engineered weapon, ranking third on the Polaris Compendium of Ridiculously Overpowered Weapons. It was the first nano-weapon constructed by the Center for Advanced Lombax Research. The Alpha Disruptor needed to be charged before firing. Once it was charged, the Alpha Disruptor fired a quantum beam of very potent isokinetic energy. The Alpha Disruptor could only hold 4 charges, presumably due to its power. One additional ammo slot could be gained via Raritanium upgrades for a maximum of 5 ammo slots. Its special Raritanium upgrade was the Anti-Matter Transfluxor. The Anti-Matter Transfluxor dynamically reconfigured the molecular structure of enemies hit by the weapon's beam, allowing the beam to pass directly through enemies and ones behind them.
The Alpha Disruptor upgraded into the Alpha Cannon at V5. This upgraded version created a massive explosion that incapacitated all enemies within a 12 cubit radius every time its beam hit an enemy. With the Anti-Matter Transfluxor, multiple blasts were possible, as an explosion occurred every time the beam passed through an enemy.
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of DestructionEdit
The Alpha Disruptor cost nothing, and could be found by hacking open a door in Outpost L51 on planet Sargasso with the Decrypter. It dealt 4,300 damage per shot at V1, and 8916 at V5 without Raritanium upgrades, making it a lethal weapon. The Alpha Cannon could achieve a maximum damage of 10,699, and has the strongest single shot than every other weapon.
- "This Lombax-engineered weapon fires a quantum burst of isokinetic energy capable of destroying almost any unfriendly vessel!"
- ―Vendor description[src]
Damage increased by 20% of previous damage every upgrade. Weapon damage without Raritanium upgrades:
- V1: 4,300
- V2: 5,160
- V3: 6,192
- V4: 7,430
- V5: 8,916
- Faster Charging x3: cost 1,400 Raritanium each, decreased charge time
- More Damage x2: cost 2,000 Raritanium each, added 10% of current damage
- More Ammo x1: cost 1,800 Raritanium, added one to ammo capacity
- More Bolts x3: cost 1,000 Raritanium each
- Special Upgrade: Anti-Matter Transfluxor, cost 2,000 Raritanium, beam passed through enemies to hit those behind them
Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for BootyEdit
The Smuggler sold an Alpha Disruptor to Ratchet on Hoolefar Island for 50,000 bolts after Ratchet returned to protect the island from undead space pirates. It upgraded into the Alpha Cannon as soon as it was purchased. It was the only weapon that started at V5. Oddly, it was referred to as the Alpha Disruptor by the quick select menu. However, the inventory calls it by the correct name.
Location of the Anti-Matter TransfluxorEdit
The Anti-Matter Transfluxor was found in the Azorean Sea during the final level of the game. On the first ship, after climbing the ladder and killing some enemies, but before using the catapult, jump onto the boxes at the front, and then jump again to use the zip wire. Go to the right and there is the Anti-Matter Transfluxor upgrade for the Alpha Cannon.
- V5: 796
- There was a challenge called Heavy Hitters in the Imperial Fight Festival which only allowed contestants to use the Alpha Disruptor.
- In Ratchet & Clank: Issue 3: Lost and Spaced, Talwyn mentioned she once accidentally fired an Alpha Disruptor charge into the Apogee Space Station's gravity generator while she was trying to blow off some steam.
- Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction (first appearance)
- Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty
- Ratchet & Clank: Issue 3: Lost and Spaced (mentioned only)