Dry and Arid
|Points of interest|
Aridia was a desert world on which nearly all structures built there seemed to be sunk into mud. The few inhabitants lived on Outposts scattered around the planet. Tar seemed to cover much of the planet. Factories were some of the only workable places on the planet due to the extreme conditions. Due to the desert climate, only Sandsharks and Flamethrower Bots, who attacked him with their flamethrowers, were able to inhabit the planet.
In Ratchet & Clank the Infobot for planet Aridia was purchased from The Plumber for 500 bolts on planet Novalis in the Waterworks, and showed Skid McMarx and his agent getting attacked and crashing onto the planet. The attackers most likely being Blarg security forces. Ratchet helped save Skidd from Sandsharks, earning him a Z3000 Hoverboard and struck a deal with Skidd's Agent that later earned Ratchet the Sonic Summoner.
In Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal, Ratchet and Clank had to help the Galactic Rangers to defend the planet from Dr. Nefarious' forces, this time at Outpost X12. The fight was named Operation: DEATH VALLEY. The battle ended in a Galactic victory.
Items on AridiaEdit
Characters on AridiaEdit
- Sandsharks: Sandsharks are two-legged predators with a huge maw with a shark fin on top. They travel in packs, "swimming" under the sand until prey comes by. They'll bite their foes.
- Sandshark Generators
- Flamethrower Bots
- Three-Eyed Robonoids
- One-Eyed Robonoids
- Robonoid Commanders
- Ultra Mecha-Tyhrranoids
- Attack Ships
- Noid Missile Stations
| Let's just stomp around until we squish it!
This trivia section (or part of it) needs improving and should ideally be integrated into a behind the scenes section and main article with the trivia section eventually removed or reduced. See the talk page for further information and to discuss the exact implications of these improvements.
- Aridia, along with Kerwan and Rilgar had a different appearance when Ratchet and Clank returned there. It seemed that over the course of two years, Aridia had two purple oceans.
- There is a huge shortcut on Aridia. After defeating all the sandsharks, when you leave the place using the crane of the vehicle (After the crashed ship), instead of going down, you could get to the gold bolt area using your helipack. From there, you just go to Skidd's Agent without going through most of the planet.
- In addition to a changing landscape, the three planets had also moved vast distances across the galaxy when comparing the galactic map from Ratchet & Clank to the one in Up Your Arsenal.
- The Sandsharks are only native to the Outpost X11 area of the planet.
- The planet Aridia in Ratchet and Clank Up Your Arsenal looks like Tabora without the purple oceans.
- Operation: DEATH VALLEY is named for the national park and canyon of the same name located in California.
"Arid" is another word for "dry".
| Do I even want to ask what he's doing here?
This media gallery (or part of it) needs improving and should ideally be integrated into the article and the gallery eventually removed or reduced. See the talk page for further information and to discuss the exact implications of these improvements.