- "Qwark: If Al can't fix it, it's not broke. Right Al?
- Al: Uh-
- Qwark: Al's Roboshack, it's Qwarktastic!"
- ―Captain Qwark advertising Al's Roboshack on Kerwan[src]
Al's Roboshack was a roboshack located in Metropolis and owned by Big Al. The entrance of Al's Roboshack was marked by a huge gold, rotating statue holding a wrench in its hands. Ratchet could obtain a skill point by reaching it and walking between its legs.
Ratchet and Clank visited the roboshack after seeing an Infobot commercial that depicted Captain Qwark advertising the fact that all of his weapon repairs were made there, and that he'd been shopping at Al's ever since the superhero had been "knee-high to a Sand Mouse". Although unable to learn of Captain Qwark's whereabouts by seeing Al, as they had hoped, Ratchet and Clank still walked out of the roboshack with a newly-equipped Heli-Pack, worth 1,000 bolts.
At an unknown time, the store was closed. A grand-reopening was launched in 2009 during the events of A Crack in Time, and it was transformed into a superstore for robotics and gaming. It was possibly closed due to Al's capture by DreadZone, or his employment with the Q-Force.
During the Z'Grute's attack on Luminopolis, Big Al's Roboshack and Gaming Superstore was advertised during the battle between the heroes and the Z'Grute, where it claimed to have been "pwning n00bs for over a decade".
Strike a PoseEdit
- See main article: Strike a Pose
Strike a Pose is a skill point achieved by walking underneath the legs of the Captain Qwark statue.
| Let's just stomp around until we squish it!
This trivia section (or part of it) needs improving and should ideally be integrated into a behind the scenes section and main article with the trivia section eventually removed or reduced. See the talk page for further information and to discuss the exact implications of these improvements.
- When Captain Qwark was advertising the roboshack, the giant statue on top of it was silver but was gold when you got there.
- In A Crack in Time Big Al advertised the re-opening of Big Al's roboshack on the space radio.
- Strangely, there is a wanted poster in the shop during the commercial, however it disappears when you go there.
- The commercial shows Captain Qwark battling a Blargian Snagglebeast in a cave. While first-time players may believe this to be one of the many caves on Novalis, it is actually the Snagglebeast cave on Umbris.
- Inside Al's shack in the first game, across from the counter a large white robot shin and foot are seen. It's the only piece of machinery there that's unique. It may be a nod to Insomniac games fondness to Japanese anime, as giant mechs are popular there, and the leg fits that genre style.
- Ratchet & Clank (first appearance)
- Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time (mentioned only)
- Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One (mentioned only)