- This article is about the blaster. You may be looking for for all blaster see Category:Blasters.
|Rate of Fire||
10 bolts a second (600 rounds per minute)
20,000 bolts and 4 gold bolts
- "The Blaster is a great all-purpose weapon. Even though its range is limited, its high rate of fire makes it ideal for taking on tough enemies at close and medium ranges."
- ―Blaster's description found on the game manual.[src]
It was a great all-purpose weapon. Although its range was limited, its high rate of fire made it ideal for taking on tough enemies at close and medium ranges. The blaster spent its ammo fast if Ratchet wasn't careful with his shots.
The Blaster was used regularly throughout the early phases of the game, but later it was usually surpassed by the Devastator. It was ideal for shooting enemies in the air because of its lock-on ability. It could quickly aim at a (usually powerful) air enemy and kill it in a short amount of time.
If the player has the Persuader the product could be purchased for 1,250 Bolts.
The Gold Blaster was a golden upgraded variant of the Blaster. It had increased range; caused more damage, and its bullets ricocheted off surfaces.
- "Blaster! Point it more or less at the bad guys and mow 'em down!" - Vendor Description
- "The Blaster is a great all-purpose weapon. Even though its range is limited, its high rate of fire makes it ideal for taking on tough enemies at close and medium ranges. Hold down L1 to use its sniper capabilities. This gun chews up ammo fast so be sure to pick up as much Blaster ammo as you can carry." - Normal Help Menu description
- "Why settle for a regular Blaster when you can have a Gold Blaster? Greater range, firing rate and power is yours with this gold plated beauty. And as an added bonus, your projectiles will richochet off any object - increasing the damage you can do!" ~Help Menu Description - Gold Help Menu description.
Comic Series appearanceEdit
The Blaster made an appearance during the first issue of the Ratchet & Clank Comic series, in Ears of War. Ratchet used it to help defend Veldin from Emperor Zogg's robot mechs. After running out of ammo, Ratchet threw it at a robot in a futile attempt to inflict some harm. In this appearance, the Blaster was smaller and fired red blasts of energy, rather than the yellow balls as seen in the original game.
- If Ratchet fell to his death while firing the Blaster, the Blaster fired even faster.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Blaster and the Gold Blaster were the only blasters in the series that used auto-targeting, as in the later games it was mostly replaced by the HUD-based targeting.
- Ratchet & Clank (first appearance)
- Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time
- Ratchet & Clank: Issue 1: Ears of War
Sources and referencesEdit
|Weapons and gadgets in Ratchet & Clank|
|Blasters in the Ratchet & Clank series|
|Game||Ratchet & Clank|| Going Commando|
|Up Your Arsenal||Deadlocked||Size Matters||Secret Agent Clank|| Tools of Destruction|
Quest for Booty
All 4 One
Full Frontal Assault
|A Crack in Time|
|Basic version||Blaster||Lancer||N60 Storm||Dual Vipers||Lacerator||Dual Lacerators||Combuster||Constructo Pistol|
|Upgraded version||Gold Blaster||Heavy Lancer||N90 Hurricane||Dual Raptors||Dual Lacerators||Dual Vindicators|| Magma Combuster|
|Mega Constructo Pistol|