- “ The Bomb Glove is Gadgetron's most affordable weapon - in fact it's free! We believe in this product so strongly that we are willing to give it away to first time customers.*
*This offer is at the discretion of individual Gadgetron vendors. Terms and conditions apply. ”
- ―Gadgetron weapon presentation found in the game manual [R&C]
The Bomb Glove was a weapon created by Gadgetron that enabled the user to throw a bomb at enemies from a short range. The bomb exploded when it had contact with an object, enemy or the ground. The Bomb Glove was the first weapon that Ratchet retrieved in the series, along with the Omniwrench 8000.
Bomb Glove Information
Ratchet & Clank
It was described to make a great gift and came as a freebie with Ratchet's Omniwrench. The weapon was first available when Ratchet was in Veldin.
Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando
In Going Commando, the Bomb Glove was powerful against the early enemies faced in the Bogon Galaxy but was not as effective against later enemies until you purchased the Mega Bomb Glove. The Mega Version was far more powerful and had every last aesthetic to it that the Gold Bomb Glove had. Due to a glitch, the weapon dealt double damage, allowing one to even take down Chainblade without much hassle. The Bomb Glove in Going Commando was first available on Barlow.
- "Bomb Glove! Throw bombs at your enemies! BOOM!" - Vendor Ticker description
- "The Bomb Glove is an affordable, entry-level weapon. In fact, it's FREE! We believe in this product so strongly that we're willing to give it away to first-time customers! Effective at close or medium-range, this device can be especially handy against clusters of enemies. Hold down L1 for precision aiming. Makes a great gift!" - Normal Help Menu description
- The Gold Bomb Glove replaces your original Bomb Glove and provides more power and bigger explosions for your bombs! The Gold Bomb Glove also offers longer range when in aiming mode! A real bargain for only a few Gold Bolts!" Help Menu description (Gold version)
"The Bomb Glove is Gadgetron's most affordable weapon - in fact it's free! We believe in this product so strongly that we are willing to give it away to first time customers. (This offer is at the discretion of individual Gadgetron vendors. Terms and conditions apply." ~ UK Manual Description) - British instruction manual description
This offer is at the discretion of individual Gadgetron vendors. Terms and conditions apply." ~ UK Manual Description
| "Let's just stomp around until we squish it!"
This "Trivia" section, or part of it, needs improving and should ideally be integrated into a "Behind the scenes" section and/or the main article, with the trivia section eventually reduced or, ideally, removed entirely.
- In Ratchet & Clank and Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal, the Bomb Glove was used by the Gadgetron Test Dummies in the testing arena.
- The bombs produced are not only tossed by the weapon, but were also used in variants by some enemies like Megapede.
- Chairman Drek's mech shot out enlarged Bomb Glove bombs that created shockwaves.
- In Ratchet & Clank demo you can buy Bomb Glove for 2,000 bolts.
- It is entirely possible for Ratchet to harm himself with the bomb glove. On any planet with a Levitator pad, toss a bomb into the air and ascend, if you do this right, the bomb will collide with the player and deal damage. The same thing happens if you toss a bomb into the water and dive, or when you toss a bomb and boost into it at the right time using the Charge Boots.
- When you start the first game, Ratchet starts out with only ten ammo in the Bomb Glove.
- When a bomb of the Bomb Glove is thrown in water, it sinks slowly deeper and deeper until it touches the bottom, unlike any other bombs in the games.
- Ratchet & Clank (first appearance)
- Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando
- Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal (test dummies only)
- Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters (mentioned only)
|Weapons and gadgets in Ratchet & Clank|
|Grenade launchers in the Ratchet & Clank series|
|Game|| Ratchet & Clank|
| Going Commando|
|Up Your Arsenal||Size Matters||Deadlocked||Secret Agent Clank|| Tools of Destruction|
Quest for Booty
Into the Nexus
Ratchet & Clank (PS4)
|A Crack in Time|| All 4 One|
Full Frontal Assault
|Bomb Glove||Gravity Bomb||Nitro Launcher||Acid Bomb Glove||B6-Obliterator|| Cufflink Bomb|
Pork Bomb Gun
|Fusion Grenade||Constructo Bomb||Plasmabomb Launcher|
| Gold Bomb Glove (R&C)|
Mega Bomb Glove (GC)
|Nitro Eruptor||Acid Detonator||B11-Vaporizer|| Wrist Mortar|
|Fusion Bomb||Mega Constructo Bomb||Elite Plasmabomb Launcher|