The way the Ratchet & Clank wiki capitalizes words has changed; therefore, this article should be checked, and, if necessary, capitalization should be fixed.
The co-op overload was a gameplay mechanic designed exclusively for Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One. It was activated when all available players were shooting at the same enemy at the same time. A grey reticle would then appear that would get larger and would turn red the more the players shot at the enemy. The fire-rate of weapons would also increase during an overload, and during the finishing shots, the game would go to slow-motion allowing a dramatic kill.
When the reticle was at its largest, it would inflict a large amount of damage, or an additional effect - usually killing the enemy or advancing to the next stage of the enemy. It was an effective way of killing dangerous enemies quickly, and awarded a bonus bolt yield.
Effects of overload
Sometimes, the overload gave an additional effect to killing quicker:
- Combustor - No additional effect.
- Plasmabomb Launcher - Larger explosions at the point of impact, which also affected nearby foes.
- Arc Lasher - Creates a shock wave which also stuns any foes surrounding the target.
- Blitzer - increased power.
- Warmonger - Increased power at point of impact.
- Critter Strike - Increased speed of mutation.
- Darkstar Fission Tether - Connected electric currents between/around enemies.
- Mr. Zurkon - No additional effect.
- Pyro Blaster - No additional effect.
- Omegatech Frost Cannon - Increased rate of freezing
- Thundersmack - The clouds produced combine to form larger, more powerful storm clouds.
- RYNO VI Protosuit - Unknown.
- Overload Legend - Use the Co-op overload to kill 60 enemies.
- Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One (first appearance)