Tools of Destruction: 36
Tools of Destruction: 1 bolt
|Rate of Fire||
The Combuster, known as the Combustor in Europe, was a GrummelNet blaster that launched high-velocity fireballs of superheated plasma at enemies. The Combuster's firing rate was medium, much like the N60 Storm's, and was used better from far away. Each shot bounced off of enemies, allowing for damage to more than one enemy per shot. It could be upgraded to momentarily set the area that its shots bounced onto ablaze with the Pyrocidic Precipitator upgrade. The Combuster upgraded into the Magma Combuster at V5, which added two additional barrels to the weapon for a total of 3 plasma balls per shot.
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of DestructionEdit
The Combuster was one of the two weapons Ratchet started with at the beginning of the game, the other being the Fusion Grenade. Unfortunately, it became obsolete in power once Ratchet reached planet Ardolis. Its special Raritanium upgrade was the Pyrocidic Precipitator, which set the ground on fire when it was hit by a Combuster shot. It was useful weapon to use against small enemies and had a decent range.
Damage increased by 20% of previous damage each upgrade. These were the weapon damage without Raritanium upgrades:
- V1: 36
- V2: 43
- V3: 52
- V4: 62
- V5: 71
- Longer Range x3: Cost 50 Raritanium each
- Faster Shooting x3: Top center hex cost Raritanium, other two cost 200 Raritanium each
- More Damage x3: Cost 100 Raritanium each, each added 10% of current damage
- More Raritanium x3 Hex above the special upgrade costs 75 Raritanium, other two cost 75 Raritanium each
- Special Upgrade: Pyrocidic Precipitation, shots caused ground to catch on fire, cost 300 Raritanium
Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for BootyEdit
The Combuster was acquired at the start of the game, but was lost in the Azorean Sea shortly after when Rusty Pete shot Ratchet and Talwyn to Hoolefar Island. Rusty Pete then returned the Combuster along with the Fusion Grenade to Ratchet after Rusty Pete resurrected Slag and Darkwater in Morrow Caverns. Like most of the weapons in Quest for Booty, it started at V3.
Location of the Pyrocidic PrecipitatorEdit
The Pyrocidic Precipitator upgrade could be found in Morrow Caverns right before fighting a Pythor and rescuing Talwyn. Right before reaching the Pythor, turn left and blow down the gate with a Fusion Grenade. Knock down the wall of metal crates either with Ratchet's wrench or another Fusion Grenade to reveal the upgrade.
- V3: 30
- V4: 36
- V5: 41
Ratchet & Clank: All 4 OneEdit
The Combuster returned in Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One, appearing stronger and different from the other versions. The red node on the back of the gun also turned from red to green. If Ratchet, Clank, Qwark and Nefarious fired the Combusters at the same target it brought a powerful blow and the heroes would be awarded a damage bonus. It upgraded into the Elite Combuster for 30,000 bolts.
Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal AssaultEdit
- In early demos of All 4 One, a different weapon took the Combuster's place.
- In All 4 One it uses the same icon as the Constructo Pistol.
- Along with the Mr. Zurkon this weapon has been in 4 games.
- Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
- Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty
- Ratchet & Clank: Issue 3: Lost and Spaced
- Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One
- Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault
|Blasters in the Ratchet & Clank series|
|Game||Ratchet & Clank|| Going Commando|
|Up Your Arsenal||Deadlocked||Size Matters||Secret Agent Clank|| Tools of Destruction|
Quest for Booty
All 4 One
Full Frontal Assault
|A Crack in Time|
|Basic version||Blaster||Lancer||N60 Storm||Dual Vipers||Lacerator||Dual Lacerators||Combuster||Constructo Pistol|
|Upgraded version||Gold Blaster||Heavy Lancer||N90 Hurricane||Dual Raptors||Dual Lacerators||Dual Vindicators|| Magma Combuster|
|Mega Constructo Pistol|