The way the Ratchet & Clank wiki capitalizes words has changed; therefore, this article should be checked, and, if necessary, capitalization should be fixed.
| The infobox in this article is incomplete
Certain parameters in the infobox in this article are missing values. Please fill these in, or remove the parameters that cannot be filled.
The Combuster, known as the Combustor in European versions of the games, was a blaster which launched high-velocity fireballs of superheated plasma at enemies. The Combuster's firing rate was medium, much like that of the N60 Storm, and was used better from far away. Each shot bounced off enemies, allowing for damage to more than one enemy per shot.
The Combuster upgraded into the Magmabuster at V5, which added two additional barrels to the weapon for a total of 3 plasma balls per shot.
- “ The Combuster is the backbone of the Rangers' arsenal, allowing you to shoot targets in a short to medium range. ”
- ―Captain Qwark [R&C (movie)]
- “ This blaster fires burning balls of plasma. Does light damage but has a deep ammo pool and is a good fallback weapon for any situation. ”
- ―Weapon description [R&C (PS4)]
- “ The Combuster is spelled "Combustor" in Europe, because Europe is fancy. ”
- ―Holocard description (America) [R&C (PS4)]
- “ The Combustor is spelled "Combustor" in Europe, because Europe is fancy. ”
- ―Holocard description (Europe) [R&C (PS4)]
Similar to Tools of Destruction, The Combuster can be upgraded with Raritanium.
- Ammo: Increases ammo capacity of said weapon.
- Rate of fire: Increases how fast gun can be fired in succession.
- Bonus bolts: Increases bolts gained from killing an enemy with said weapon.
- BOGO Plasma: Increases the amount of ammunition gained from crates.
- Heavy Plasma: Combuster shots now knock back opponents.
- Stable Plasma: Shots now have extra range, being able to hit opponents from farther away.
- Prism Facets: Gains the ability to shoot out two more bullets per shot. Must have the Omega Magmabuster before this upgrade becomes available.
- Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction (first appearance of original Combuster)
- Ratchet & Clank (PS4) (first appearance)
- Ratchet & Clank (movie) [verification needed]