| Excuse me <insert name here>, but we have more pressing issues. We urgently need your assistance.
This featured article needs improvements or it will lose its special status.
Courtney Gears was a robotic pop star. She was a big supporter of the "Destroying the Squishies" movement.
Ratchet & Clank: Up Your ArsenalEdit
- "Let's see if you can fight better than you can sing!"
When Courtney Gears was considered the hottest pop star of the galaxy, she starred in music videos and gave out awards to participants who won Annihilation Nation challenges. When Ratchet and Clank realized she had a connection with Dr. Nefarious, they attempted to obtain information from her about Dr. Nefarious's whereabouts. They quickly realized that Courtney had allied herself with Nefarious and that she was using her music to convey his plots. She was later responsible for kidnapping and replacing Clank with Klunk. She then turned Skid McMarx into a robot on Obani Draco as part of a test for the upcoming Biobliterator project. Ratchet confronted her and managed to defeat her and her backup dancers.
According to DreadZone commentator Juanita, her defeat by Ratchet and Clank was reported on Galactic Glamour as a deranged attack by two members of her fan club. The rumours of her connection to Nefarious plan apparently brought her to a career low, where her record label dropped her in favour of Skid McMarx's spoken word poetry.
She frequented the Kronos School for the Inept to complete market research for her next album, where she met Dull "Reactor" Bookworm. Their love of cafeteria food brought them together. At around this time she starred alongside him in Reactor: Rise of the Sociopathic Bloodlust.
However, after a month, Courtney couldn't keep up with Dull's slow and boring life, and dumped him. Dull immediately got himself a nuclear explosive implanted into his chest, and joined the DreadZone circuit, earning fame, fortune, an explosive personality, and money, and she immediately got back with him. Of course, knowing Courtney, she only did this for his money and celebrity status.
She was later involved in another scandal where she was known to have had an explicit video leaked onto the HoloNet. It was also stated that she had found time to record a new album, Don't Hurt Me Like That.
Secret Agent ClankEdit
Courtney Gears is generally seen as a manipulative character. While on the outside, she has the attitude and personality of a typical pop star, and is seen as a nice character, although when working with Nefarious, her darker side was shown. When talking to Clank in Up Your Arsenal, she was acting flirty to Clank.
Courtney Gears is a robot, but very human in appearance. She has brown hair with a red band and has yellow eyes, she has greyish skin and wears a red long sleeved top that shows her belly button and black mini shorts, and red high boots with no heels.
The only known Courtney Gears song to appear throughout the series is the "Anti-Squishy" song from Up Your Arsenal. It reappears in Deadlocked when Big Al is seen dancing to it, and in Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction on several screens on the IRIS computer.
In Deadlocked, it was stated that she had found time to record a new album, Don't Hurt Me Like That.
Courtney Gears was not seen with any real equipment; it is thought that all her abilities are built-in.
Outside of direct combat, she was shown to be able to use a powerful static shock to temporarily knock Clank unconscious.
In combat, despite being a singer and dancer, Courtney could hold her own in a fight. She could teleport around the room, fire energy blasts, throw energy discs and fire electric shockwaves. She could also perform spinning kicks and was able to summon her Backup dancers to assist her.
| Let's just stomp around until we squish it!
This trivia section (or part of it) needs improving and should ideally be integrated into a behind the scenes section and main article with the trivia section eventually removed or reduced. See the talk page for further information and to discuss the exact implications of these improvements.
- Courtney Gears is apparently a gold digger, going after anyone with money or power. She demonstrates this with Dr. Nefarious and later with Reactor.
- Courtney Gears is said to be a parody version of Female Singtress, Britney Spears.
- In the European version of Up Your Arsenal, Courtney Gears and Clank were featured as the print on the actual disc, along with the game title.
- Melissa Disney voiced Courtney Gears.
- She was mentioned briefly by Cassiopeia in A Crack in Time on Vapedia when Dr. Nefarious was yelling at her for not yet killing Ratchet; as the two bickered, Cassiopeia said, "Don't you treat me like one of your subordinates! I'm not Courtney Gears!"
- In the Spanish, French, Italian, and German language dubs, the song is kept in English.
- She was mentioned by Juanita Alvaro in Ratchet Deadlocked as having made a remarkable recovery after having been attacked by "two psychotic fans" last year, referencing Ratchet and Klunk's fight with her in Up Your Arsenal.
- It is hinted in Up Your Arsenal that Courtney Gears seemed to have some sort of crush on Nefarious, calling him names like darling and snuggywugums, much to his irritation. This might be though to his plans for robot domination.
- A poster of Courtney Gears, now with shorter hair, appears in Ratchet and Clank's cell in prison in the second issue of the Ratchet & Clank comic series.
- In Secret Agent Clank, in the HIG impact treehouse, if one looked closely at a picture on a desk they could see an autographed picture of Courtney Gears. There is also a picture of her in the HIG treehouse in Size Matters as well.[source?]
- Courtney Gears is oddly very large in her boss battle. While her back up dancers are visibly shorter than the cages, Courtney's head goes well beyond that height. Also, Ratchet only comes up to the bottom of her skirt during the boss battle. When doing a comparison of Ratchet to Reactor and Courtney to Reactor, Courtney appears to be the same oddly enormous height in Deadlocked. Also, Courtney is still this height in the art work of her with her background dancers. Courtney's legs alone go all the way up to the dancers shoulders.
Albums and singlesEdit
- Robots of the Galaxy
- Don't Hurt Me Like That
- Oops, I Got Vaporized By A Level 7 Shock Blaster!
- Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal (first appearance)
- Ratchet: Deadlocked
- Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters (picture only)
- Secret Agent Clank
- Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction (IRIS only)
- Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty (mentioned only)
- Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time (mentioned only)
- Ratchet & Clank: Issue 2: Friends with Benefits (picture only)
Sources and referencesEdit
- ↑ Courtney Gears Anti-Squishie music video.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Insomniac Games news update (backup link at web archive)
- ↑ High Impact Games Treehouse - poster states this
- ↑ Ratchet says that "she is not the hottest pop star in the Galaxy because of her singing..." in Up Your Arsenal.
- ↑ http://www.ratchet-gladiator.com/
- ↑ Vox News update