|Rate of Fire||
1 decoy per second
The Decoy Glove was a gadget manufactured by Gadgetron (even though it was sold as a weapon) that created an inflatable copy of the user that fooled enemies into attacking the wrong target, offering time for strategy. The Decoy Glove become available to Gadgetron's product lines at the time Ratchet reached Pokitaru.
The Decoy Glove was a pretty expensive weapon compared to its usefulness. Players often found it handy to throw down multiple decoys at a time when dealing with strong, dangerous enemies. If the player has the Persuader the product could be purchased for 5,000 Bolts.
This gadget was similar to the Doppelbanger found in later games.
Gold Decoy GloveEdit
This upgrade gave the decoy more durability and when destroyed created a larger green explosion. The decoy becomes a Ratchet silhouette with red eyes and a malicious smile.
This upgrade was available in Going Commando. It added more ammo to the Decoy Glove.
"Decoy Glove! Fool your enemies with this eerily lifelike DECOY." - Vendor description
"Ever want to distract your foes while you sneak past unscathed? The Decoy Glove creates customized, inflatable dummies in your own likeness! Your enemies will attack the dummy, while you sneak past them (or attack them from behind!)" - Normal Version Help Menu
"The Decoy Glove has always been one of Gadgetron's more entertaining weapons, and the Gold Decoy Glove is sure to earn a permanent place in your armory. Not only does it have a brand new look, but it now will automatically damage any enemy who attacks it!" ~Help Menu Description (Gold Help Menu Version)
- A glitch in Ratchet & Clank and Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando allowed Ratchet to be forced through walls with the Decoy Glove. To execute this glitch, simply walk to a wall, and deploy decoys as close to you as possible.
- Another glitch was found in Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando. Throwing a decoy when on a different gravity direction due to Gravity Boots allowed decoys to be thrown onto walls or ceilings, to create a decoy standing on the wall.
- The next glitch was found in Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando. When the player was battling Swamp Monster II, and if the player deploys a decoy on a lillypad platform and the Swamp monster destroys the lilypad, the decoy will float into the air and the swamp monster will try to destroy the decoy which will take long.That will give the player an enough time to attack the swamp monster or think of a plan.
- Another glitch was found in Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando. When the player is with the Megacorp tour group, you can throw decoys on the bridge to block the Fizzwidget tour guide. He will eventually fall into nothingness, and never come back.
- The Decoy Glove was the icon for Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando in a PS2 memory card.
- A real-life version of the decoys the Decoy Glove creates was made.
- The Dopplebanger is similar to the Decoy Glove.
- The Help Menu description of the Gold Decoy Glove (seen above) incorrectly stated that enemies sustained damage if they attacked a decoy, which was not the case.
- The Decoy Glove was featured in a weapons testing advertisement. A dummy of a boy named Corey was placed in the middle of the road, while his distressed mother ran out to it as it was run over by a car. The real Corey then fled behind a house.
|Weapons and gadgets in Ratchet & Clank|