- Drek: “Commander, we are finished with this world. Commence towing of our planet to its next destination.”
- Robot lieutenant: “Yessir!”
- Drek: “You have fulfilled your tree quota… barely.”
- Robot lieutenant: “We are ready to return to the base.”
- Drek: “Not so fast, lieutenant. Just because we don't need any more trees doesn't mean they should have them. Destroy… everything. He, he, he!”
- ―Drek and the robot lieutenant, about to destroy Eudora [R&C]
Eudora was a forest planet covered with trees. This planet was home to many woodland animals; this made it an ideal location for Drek to harvest trees for use on his new planet, which was in the middle of construction.
In Ratchet & Clank, Drek sent an army of lumberjack robots to the planet, under the control of the robot lieutenant. They built a large logging site in the forests and sent flying lumberjack devices everywhere, even leaving a few weapons lying around, such as the Suck Cannon. When they attained the required number of trees, but, for his own amusement, Drek ordered the Lieutenant to destroy all the remaining trees as well. They presumably never fulfilled this order, due to the Lieutenant fleeing the site when he was approached by Ratchet and Clank.
The logging site on planet Eudora was where Drek's minions cut down trees for Drek's planet. It was there that Ratchet found the Suck Cannon and confronted Drek's Robot Lieutenant who fled, leaving behind an infobot that contained coordinates to the Blarg Research Station.
Behind the scenes
In concept art for the original Ratchet & Clank, it is said that Eudora was originally intended to become a forest-city, but this was later changed to a robot-only area. The early concept art was likely inspired by Endor from the Star Wars franchise. [verification needed]
- If examined very closely, it looks like Umbris except 90 degrees rotated to the left.
- Eudorian monarch butterflies: the only known animal species native to Eudora, simply peaceful butterflies flying around the forests.
Characters on Eudora
- Ratchet & Clank (first appearance)