The way the Ratchet & Clank wiki capitalizes words has changed; therefore, this article should be checked, and, if necessary, capitalization should be fixed.
- “ Nothing ruins an enemy's day like a thermonuclear hand grenade. ”
- ―Slogan on GrummelNet weapon vendor description. [ToD]
The Fusion Grenade was a GrummelNet weapon that allowed the user to lob powerful thermonuclear grenades at enemies. The grenades did not explode on contact, but exploded one second after being thrown, similar to the effect gained by the Timed Trigger Constructo Mod. The grenades' blast radius, even without upgrades, was massive and could easily deal with any early on enemies. The Fusion Grenade upgraded into the Fusion Bomb at V5, which added GrummelNet's patented "Intelli-Seeking Pyrocidic Nitroballs" to each grenade.
Tools of Destruction
- “ A Fusion Grenade is the next generation of explosive bombs, now designed to burst in the air instead of the ground ”
- ―Survival Guide Weapon Description [ToD]
Ratchet started the game with the Fusion Grenade in his arsenal, along with his Combuster. Each grenade dealt 150 damage without Raritanium upgrades, making it the most powerful weapon early on. However, like all of the weapons Ratchet started with in previous games, it eventually became obsolete in power. The special Raritanium upgrade for this weapon was Concussion Detonators, which would knock down enemies that were not killed in each blast for a longer time.
Damage increased by 15% of previous damage each upgrade. Weapon damage without Raritanium upgrades:
- V1: 150
- V2: 173
- V3: 198
- V4: 228
- V5: 262
- Raritanium upgrades
- More Ammo x2: cost 100 Raritanium each, added one grenade to ammo capacity
- More Bolts x2: cost 250 Raritanium each
- More Damage x3: cost 200 Raritanium each, added 5% of current damage
- Bigger Area x2: costs 400 Raritanium each
- Special Upgrade: Concussion Detonators, knocked down enemies not killed in the blast for a longer time; cost 300 Raritanium
Quest for Booty
Ratchet started the game with the Fusion Grenade, but it was lost in the Azorean Sea shortly after when Rusty Pete shot him, along with Talwyn Apogee, to Hoolefar Island. Pete later returned the Fusion Grenade along with the Combuster to Ratchet after Pete resurrected Slag and Darkwater in Morrow Caverns. It started at V3 and upgraded into the Fusion Bomb at V5'.. Instead of the Fusion Bomb releasing bomblets by default, like in Tools of Destruction, the Concussion Detonators upgrade needed to be found before it began releasing bomblets.
- Location of the Concussion Detonators
The Concussion Detonators upgrade could be found in the underwater tunnel in the bay of Hoolefar Island. To get it, dive into the bay and enter the underwater tunnel, avoiding the mines. Jump out the water, and smash the crates in front of you. Blow down the gate with a Fusion Grenade, and behind it was the Concussion Detonators upgrade.
- V3: 154
- V4: 180
- V5: 216
Into the Nexus
The Fusion Grenade upgraded to the Fusion Bomb at V3.
- “ This lobbed bomb creates an explosive blast on impact. ”
- ―Weapon Description [R&C (PS4)]
- “ Can be upgraded to the Fusion bomb, which adds Intelli-Seeking Pyrocidic Nitroballs. Which is Nice. ”
- ―Card Description [R&C (PS4)]
- If Ratchet equipped a skin, the bomb would appear but not the glove.
- Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction (first appearance)
- Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty
- Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus
- Ratchet & Clank (PS4)
Notes and references
|Grenade launchers in the Ratchet & Clank series|
|Game|| Ratchet & Clank|
| Going Commando|
|Up Your Arsenal||Size Matters||Deadlocked||Secret Agent Clank|| Tools of Destruction|
Quest for Booty
Into the Nexus
Ratchet & Clank (PS4)
|A Crack in Time|| All 4 One|
Full Frontal Assault
|Bomb Glove||Gravity Bomb||Nitro Launcher||Acid Bomb Glove||B6-Obliterator|| Cufflink Bomb|
Pork Bomb Gun
|Fusion Grenade||Constructo Bomb||Plasmabomb Launcher|
| Gold Bomb Glove (R&C)|
Mega Bomb Glove (GC)
|Nitro Eruptor||Acid Detonator||B11-Vaporizer|| Wrist Mortar|
|Fusion Bomb||Mega Constructo Bomb||Elite Plasmabomb Launcher|