The Fusion Rifle (known as the Sniper Rifle during development) was a long-range sniper rifle weapon in Ratchet: Deadlocked. It was just like the Pulse Rifle and the Flux Rifle from Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando and Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal respectively but was not as useful due to frequent close combat in Ratchet: Deadlocked. It upgraded to the Anti-Matter Rifle at level 10, which could shoot through enemies.
You would not often get the chance to use the Fusion Rifle's scope, but it allowed you to eliminate distant enemies safely. If you were using it in Lock-Strafe Mode consistently, by the time you finished the first challenge on planet Kronos it could reach up to level 3 or 4. The Fusion Rifle's sheer power was second only to the Arbiter, but the Fusion Rifle's low rate of fire and incredibly narrow beam made it tricky to use unless you were playing sniper. Equipping the Shock Mod to your Fusion Rifle would've widened its area of effect.
|Sniper Rifles in the Ratchet & Clank series|
|Game||Going Commando||Up Your Arsenal||Deadlocked||Size Matters|| A Crack in time|
Into the Nexus
Ratchet & Clank (PS4)
|Pulse Rifle||Flux Rifle||Fusion Rifle||Sniper Mine||Plasma Striker|
|Vaporizer||Splitter Rifle||Anti-Matter Rifle||Deadeye Mine||Plasma Slayer|
The Fusion Rifle uses a patented form of hydrogen fusion combined with a state of the art magnetic optics scope for long-range accuracy. Gleeman Vox keeps this weapon handy at board meetings in case he gets interrupted.
Behind the scenes
- The aiming reticle for the Fusion Rifle was originally like that of the Flux Rifle's for the demo of Ratchet: Deadlocked. This was changed when the actual game was released.
- The Fusion Fifle was originally going to have a V3 form, this was discovered in the texture files of the Deadlocked Demo.
Cut in-game description of the Fusion Rifle
Do you ever want to sit back and pick off people from a distance? Captain Coderoy does. He warns that this weapon fires, "slow, like my little cousin." But it hits "hard, like his head."
- The Fusion Rifle is the first two handed weapon where the second grip is located beneath the gun instead on the left side of the gun.
- Gleeman Vox kept this weapon handy during board meetings in case he got interrupted.
- The Fusion Rifle is the most versatile rifle in the series currently, if you use it in Lock-Strafe mode. [verification needed]