- "I don't wanna die!"
- ―A typical response from a Galactic Ranger.[src]
The Galactic Rangers were robots employed by the Galactic Government to protect the Solana galaxy. They were often cowardly and reluctant to fight, but did so nonetheless with great heart. The Rangers used a dropship for transportation. Their standard weapon was a weak arm-mounted blaster.
Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal
On Veldin the Galactic Rangers mistook Ratchet for their new sergeant and referred him as "Sarge", thrusting him into protecting the planet Veldin. The Rangers eventually assisted Ratchet on several planets, including Marcadia and Rilgar, armed with arm-mounted blasters and Nitro Launchers. Ratchet occasionally had to complete missions with the Galactic Rangers in order to progress through the game. However, many missions were optional and may be completed for extra bolts, various gadgets and even a trophy.In the final fight with Dr. Nefarious, the Rangers that appeared on Mylon were significantly stronger than before, and were able to take down enemy Soldier Bots and Mega Bots with ease.
Ratchet & Clank comic series
In the comic series the Rangers were in any ground combat, however aided Sasha Phyronix in dogfights either to rescue Talwyn or get the crystal shard, however they were nowhere near as cowardly as before and were much more of assistance than in Up Your Arsenal .
Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal multiplayer
The Galactic Rangers where forces that appeared at main bases and nodes captured by a team, the Rangers were also the neutral enemy units. They only appeared in Siege and Capture the Flag and came in three colors. Red, blue and gray. The Galactic Rangers would fire at anything not on their team including other Rangers. The only exception were turrets.
Ratchet & Clank movie
- Galactic Ranger Trooper
- Galactic Ranger Engineer
- Galacitc Ranger Medic
- Galactic Ranger Riot Squad
- "I don't wanna die!"
- "Run for your lives! Ahhh!"
- "F Sector! No way, game over man, we're all going to end up like scrap metal!"
- "Sir, yes Sir!"
- "Let 'em have it Sarge!"
- "Watch out, they're comin' out of the rubble!"
- "The doors have opened, look out!"
- "There's too many of them, we're all going to die!"
- "We'll cover you...from back there!"
- "You handle the dropships, the saucers are just icying on the cake."
- "Waste those Tyhrranoids!"
- "The noids are storm'n the bridge!"
- "No rush Sarge, it's not like we're all going to die or anything!"
- "Oh I just remembered I had a dentist appointment on planet Aridia, uh, good luck with those bombs."
- "You see, Like I said, these 'Noids don't have the bolts..."
- "Can I watch Annihilation Nation on these things?"
- "All right, we kicked those noids clear out the city."
- "Sarge, we need to activate those turrets to create a defensive perimeter around the Valley."
- "We'll guard this turret, you know just in case the 'Noids try anything sneaky"
Behind the scenes
- The Galactic Rangers' voices were originally a typical robot monotone voice, however after an in-house petition they were changed to accommodate a more humorous and cowardly voice.
- The Galactic Rangers, along with the Tyhrranoids were difficult to animate during development.[source?]
- Combat bots are two times stronger and smarter than the Galactic Rangers.
- You can receive the trophy "Friend of the Rangers" by completing all the Ranger Assault missions in Up Your Arsenal.
- Some Galactic Rangers have been shown to enjoy the holo-vision show, Annihilation Nation.[source?]
- The Rangers' guns seemed to have unlimited ammo. However, they couldn't fire them while running.
- Weapons that Galactic Rangers were known to have used included the Qwack-O-Ray, a Crotchitizer, the Nitro Launcher, Shock Blaster and Concussion Guns. Ironically, even though they had access to more powerful weapons, they were almost always seen to use their arm blaster.
- Galactic Rangers appeared in the multiplayer mode of Up Your Arsenal.
- Galactic Rangers are much stronger towards the end of the game.
- Galactic rangers have been seen in 4 colors, red, blue, green, gray, yellow, and black for the concept art
- It seems that the Galactic Rangers don't get effected by the turrets on the base as in the mission on Kavu island they don't get injured from the turrets at all.
- In the first mission on planet Veldin, a galactic ranger jumps off the side of a cliff and blows up in mid air.
- If all Galactic Rangers are destroyed in a mission, you can still hear their voices.
- Sometimes a glitch happens where the voices of the Galactic Rangers are either lower or higher in pitch than they should be.
- Strangely, in Ratchet & Clank Collection, the Galactic Rangers' attacks are stronger than in the PS2 version.
- Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal (first appearance)
- Ratchet: Deadlocked (mentioned only)
- Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters (mentioned only)
- Ratchet & Clank: Issue 1: Ears of War (mentioned only)
- Ratchet & Clank: Issue 3: Lost and Spaced
- Ratchet & Clank: Issue 6: Bros Before Foes
- Ratchet & Clank movie