- " You couldn't hit the broad side of my fitness trainer!"
- ―Captain Quark, Reffering to Helga[src]
Helga von Streissenburgen was Captain Qwark's personal fitness trainer who ironically had a rather plump body.
Ratchet & ClankEdit
- "Listen up you lardballs! That was the most pathetic display I have ever seen on that obstacle course!"
In Ratchet & Clank, Helga was supposed to give Ratchet and Clank the Swingshot for completing Captain Qwark's fitness course. However, because she believed the Lombax disgraced her obstacle course, she made the duo pay a thousand bolts for the gadget.
Ratchet & Clank: Going CommandoEdit
Ratchet & Clank: Up Your ArsenalEdit
In Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal, it was Helga's job to get Ratchet and Clank into tip-top shape as they saved the galaxy. She provided assistance at the Starship Phoenix and trained Ratchet using battle simulators. She also made all of the Phoenix's crew take mandatory exercise classes and eat her "healthy" meals. In this game, she was also a member of Captain Qwark's Q-Force, chosen for her "sensual powers of seduction." During the events of Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal, fellow Q-Force member Big Al admitted having a crush on her over the Phoenix's intercom. She was romantically involved with Big Al. During the events of UYA, she said "Al, dear". She also made various insults, and comments at Ratchet such as calling them pansies, and threatening to "twist them up like a wet noodle" on the wrestling mat.
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of DestructionEdit
Although Helga was not actually in Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction, Qwark mentioned her while narrating for the Imperial Fight Festival. During the challenge "Light A Match Mustachio!", Qwark commented on the Lombax snooze mist and said, "I haven't experienced gas this deadly... since I took Helga to that all-you-eat Grubsnucker buffet on Planet Veldin...".
Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in TimeEdit
During the ending of the game, when Qwark runs in circles around the asteroid he's stuck on to avoid getting eaten by Snowball who's hungry for blood, he yells "Ratchet! Clank! Helga!"
Behind the scenesEdit
- The voice for Helga was provided by Mona Marshall.
- Helga was always quick to assume that Ratchet was a weakling, not considering that he may not have had the time to deal with her.
- Although Helga constantly portrays herself as being extremely physically fit, the only proof of this is the Up Your Arsenal skill point, "Beat Helga's best time". It is suggested that she completed the VR Hacker & Hypershot training course in 0:50 seconds.
- She and Qwark were very good friends, and she generally went out of her way to protect him. She was also very concerned for his physical fitness.
- Helga has a heavy German accent.
- Helga appears in the Secret Agent Clank film premiere at the end of Up Your Arsenal.
- Helga can also speak German. Her last name in a promotional poster is revealed to be "von Streissenburgen".
- Helga was only known by the name of "Qwark's Fitness Trainer" in the original Ratchet & Clank.
- Helga is one of the members in the Q-Force, and the only one (with the exception of Al), which is mentioned after UYA.
- Helga's appearance as a skin in Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault bears a striking resemblance to the Valkyries.
- Ratchet & Clank
- Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando
- Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal
- Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction (mentioned only)
- Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time (mentioned only)
- Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault (skin only)