| Clank... You speak nerd.
This page's layout needs improvements to comply with the manual of style.
The Heli-Pack was an upgrade that Ratchet and Clank acquired on planet Kerwan by paying 1,000 bolts to Big Al at his Roboshack. The Heli-Pack gave Clank helicopter-like propellers and helped Ratchet glide, high jump, and stretch jump. In some levels, some high areas could only be accessed using the Heli-Pack's high jump, showing that the Heli-Pack developed more lift than the Thruster-Pack. The helipack also had a slower rate of descent than the Thruster-Pack while gliding.
In Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando onwards, Ratchet continued to use it on his adventures except Secret Agent Clank when Ratchet was on Prison and Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty when Ratchet finds Clank.
In Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus, Clank once again returned to Ratchet's back and provided him with the Heli-pack. However, it made a different noise when flying and the blades had a little shade of light blue when activated.
Ratchet & Clank in-game
With the Heli-Pack upgrade you can perform a Boost Jump by jumping from a crouched position. You can also perform a Stretch Jump by pressing R1 while running, then immediately pressing X.
To glide, simply press and hold X while in the air. Visit your local Robo-Shack dealer to equip this upgrade!
Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time
The Heli-Pack later gained the ability to give Clank a mid-air boost when jumping. It could be performed by pressing "X". Clank could boost in mid-air a total of three times in a row. After acquiring the Heli-pack with Ratchet, the player would still glide with the Hover-boots, but Clank would still activate the pack.
- In the first game, a glitch occurred, where the player could hover with this pack, by using the thruster pack to hover, then switching to the Heli-Pack. Ratchet continued to hover, but Clank did not have any thrust emitting from him. If the Walloper was used, the hover would stop, as Ratchet would drop to the ground.
- Ratchet & Clank (first appearance)
- Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando
- Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal
- Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
- Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time
- Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One
- Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault
- Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus
- Ratchet & Clank (2016 video game)
- Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters
- Ratchet & Clank: Going Mobile
- PlayStation Move Heroes
- PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
- PlayStation All-Stars Island
- Crazy Ride
- Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus game manual (mentioned only)
Notes and references
|Weapons and gadgets in Ratchet & Clank|
|Weapons and gadgets in Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal|