The way the Ratchet & Clank wiki capitalizes words has changed; therefore, this article should be checked, and, if necessary, capitalization should be fixed.
Infobots were small robots that contained various recordings or broadcasts, and contained coordinates to the planet of their respective origins. Their video-contents were played automatically when Ratchet or Clank approached them, on each Infobots' flat square-shaped screen which was contained inside their mouths, revealed when they expanded the distance between their metallic jaws.
Ratchet & Clank
In Ratchet & Clank, Infobots played a major part in the storyline as they helped Ratchet and Clank gain information and coordinates to other planets. After they were played, Clank stored them inside his radiator core.
Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando
Infobots were no longer used in Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando, as they were replaced with normal screens, TVs and radio transmissions. However, a Female Infobot with a love-interest in Clank makes an infrequent appearance throughout the game, even once aiding Ratchet and Clank escape the Thugs-4-Less flying prison. She was finally seen at the MegaCorp Headquarters when she tried to warn them that Qwark was posing as Mr. Fizzwidget, but she was shot by Qwark before she could finish her warning. She was later repaired by Ratchet.
Ratchet & Clank: Going Mobile
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
In Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction, Qwark gave Ratchet and Clank two Infobots throughout the course of the game that he was able to steal from Emperor Percival Tachyon. One of the two was badly damaged and could not open its mouth, and could only be played through Aphelion. These new Infobots resembled binoculars when completely inactive and they played videos by opening their mouth like a lid rather than expanding it.
Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time
Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus
An Infobot appeared only once to give Ratchet and Clank the coordinates to the Thugs arena, in a similar manner to the first game.
- Clank flushed out his radiator core with all of the Infobots which he had gathered throughout Ratchet & Clank some time before the beginning of Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando.
- In Ratchet & Clank, the Infobot's shoulders resembled the button of a PlayStation controller.
- Ratchet & Clank (first appearance)
- Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando
- Ratchet & Clank: Going Mobile
- Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
- Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time
- Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus
- Ratchet & Clank (PS4) (re-imagined Infobot)
- Ratchet & Clank (movie) (re-imagined Infobot) [verification needed]