Kaden was a Lombax, Ratchet's father and the keeper of the Dimensionator. When his people were driven to use the device to escape to another dimension following Percival Tachyon's overruning of Fastoon, Kaden refused to follow them in order to protect the device. He, along with his infant son Ratchet, and his friend Alister Azimuth managed to escape Tachyon's ravaging of Fastoon (although it is likely other unknown Lombaxes had achieved this feat). It is believed that all Lombaxes who remained in Ratchet's dimension were hunted down and killed by Tachyon, including Kaden. One of the few Lombaxes to remain in Kaden's dimension and survive Tachyon's pursuit was Ratchet, who would become a galaxy-spanning hero. He looks almost identical to his son, with only some minor differences.
Kaden and Alister knew each other well and were good friends, having known each other as children. As adults, Alister became a respected leader in Lombax society and a general of the Lombax Praetorian Guard, whilst Kaden had a child (Ratchet) with an unknown Lombax. At some point, Kaden theorised of the existence of the Great Clock, based on runes found on planet Quantos.
During or after the Great War, Kaden was made the keeper of the Dimensionator. When a so-called inventor arrived on Fastoon with ideas for new technology, Kaden warned Alister not to trust him. The inventor was Percival Tachyon, and when Alister gave him access to Lombax technology, he built an army and attacked Fastoon to avenge the Cragmites. Kaden refused to follow his people to the Court of Azimuth for refuge, determined to save his family. By the time he returned home however, Ratchet's mother had already been murdered by Tachyon's forces. Using the Dimensionator, the other Lombaxes escaped to another dimension, but Kaden decided to stay behind to protect the device. Along with his infant son, Kaden fled from Fastoon.
Tachyon searched for the Dimensionator, seeking to return the banished Cragmites to Polaris. The Dimensionator was relocated to planet Jasindu by Max Apogee, and it can be assumed that Kaden gave him the device. Kaden sent his son to the Solana Galaxy, where he grew up with no knowledge of his heritage except for his species name.
On Fastoon, Kaden faced Tachyon in combat but was beaten. In his final moments, he still refused to reveal the location of either the device or his son, and so Tachyon killed him. Years later, Kaden's murder was avenged by his son, Ratchet, when he returned to Fastoon and defeated Tachyon.
| Let's just stomp around until we squish it!
This trivia section (or part of it) needs improving and should ideally be integrated into a behind the scenes section and main article with the trivia section eventually removed or reduced. See the talk page for further information and to discuss the exact implications of these improvements.
- Judging from the photo in Azimuth's pocket watch, Kaden's wrench was similar to the Omniwrench 8000.
- Kaden nearly broke his arm while hoverbooting with Azimuth in some caves in Krell Canyon.
- Flint Vorselon once claimed to be Kaden's accountant.
- Kaden invented the CryoMine Glove.
- Kaden was the first non-Agorian to win the Agorian championship.
- Kaden was a good Hoverball player and was the captain of Fastoon's team at the age of 19.
- Also judging from the photo in Azimuth's pocket watch, Kaden was slightly shorter than Azimuth.
- Kaden sold the Smuggler the Gyro Cycle after his ship crashed on Fastoon.
- Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction (indirectly mentioned only)
- Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time (picture and flashback only) (first appearance)
- Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One (mentioned only)
- Race Through Time
Sources and referencesEdit
- ↑ In Tools of Destruction he was mentioned as the keeper or guardian of the Dimensionator in several cut scenes
- ↑ Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time - A cut-scene after the defeat of General Azimuth where Lord Vorselon revealed himself as Kaden's accountant.
- ↑ Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time - While using the CryoMine Glove in Krell Canyon, Alister tells Ratchet that Kaden invented it.
- ↑ In Vogal Caves, stand next to Alister when he's waiting for you to do something. One of the things he may talk about is how Kaden once won the Agorian championship.