| This update is strictly classified. If you are watching this, you're fired.
This page needs to be updated for the release of Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus.
- This article is about the Lombax language. You may be looking for other terms related to Lombax.
Lombax was a language commonly spoken by Lombaxes and some other species. The written form mainly consisted of circles with different shapes 'cut out', often in the shape of machinery like bolts. Ratchet could not speak or read Lombax despite being one. There was Lombax writing written on the Aphelion spelling out the ship's name and the word 'angel'.
Behind the scenes
- Grant Hollis designed the Lombax font.
- The Lombax alphabet was found by taking the translations of the Lombax language seen written in Tools of Destruction and working out each letter in English.
- The letters J, K, Z, and X are not currently used in the game.
- Each letter appears to be based on a bolt or wrench.
| Let's just stomp around until we squish it!
This trivia section (or part of it) needs improving and should ideally be integrated into a behind the scenes section and main article with the trivia section eventually removed or reduced. See the talk page for further information and to discuss the exact implications of these improvements.
- There are three typos in the cutscene on Rykan V on the door. The four sections of words are evenly split up, but when Talwyn says "You've traveled far, but to be clear," the word "clear" is actually beginning the fourth section. Also, the word "clear" is misspelled as "cleas." Lastly, Talwyn says "To quell the angry Cragmite storm" when the door says "To quell THIS angry Cragmite storm."
- "K" is actually used on the beginning of A Crack in Time where it says Captain Qwark on the bottom right corner of his "My Blaster Runs Hot" pictures.
- There is no X, J, K, or Z, despite most of these letters clearly being used in the words "Lombax", "Azimuth", and "Kaden".
- The Lombax artifact that Ratchet acquires at planet Ardolis in Tools of Destruction has Lombax writing on it. When translated, it says "map".
- Qwark was able to read Lombax writing in Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One
- Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
- Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time
- Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One
- Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus
Notes and references
- ↑ Talwyn speaks it, and is also surprised that a Lombax, Ratchet, does not speak it. All shown in ToD.
- ↑ Alister Azimuth was the high councilman of one of the biggest Lombax organisations, lived on Fastoon, and markings can be seen in his home in Torren IV.
- ↑ http://twitter.com/TJ_Fixman/status/17379805053