The way the Ratchet & Clank wiki capitalizes words has changed; therefore, this article should be checked, and, if necessary, capitalization should be fixed.
- “ He's got one a them Mag-Net Launchers! Cover your bolts, lads! ”
- ―A space pirate upon being attacked with the Mag-Net Launcher. [ToD]
The Mag-Net Launcher was a weapon that shot clusters of ionized raritanium orbs which wrapped electromagnetic nets, cleverly named mag-nets, around enemies. The nets' magnetism held them securely around their victim while the electricity paralyzed their victim until the orbs lost their electromagnetic charge. This gave the weapon's user a chance to attack the temporarily disabled enemy or to escape while the enemy was imprisoned. The smaller the enemy was, the longer the mag-nets lasted. The nets' electricity also damaged enemies and could kill smaller ones on their own. The mag-nets couldn't wrap around larger enemies such as bosses or dropships. Because the nets were electric, they were also useless against electrified enemies. At V5, the Mag-Net Launcher upgraded into the Mag-Net Cannon, whose Raritanium orbs scatter and then exploded after losing their electromagnetic charge.
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
The Mag-Net Launcher cost 250,000 bolts and could be first purchased at Slag's Fleet in the Ublik Passage. It had an ammo capacity of 12 mag-nets and dealt 892 damage at V1 without Raritanium upgrades. With all of the Raritanium upgrades, the Mag-Net Launcher had an ammo capacity of 16 mag-nets and dealt 2,219 damage. For a price of 3,500 Raritanium the Mag-Net Launcher could be upgraded to have Inductor Coils, which made the mag-nets last longer.
Damage increased by 20% of previous damage every upgrade. Weapon damage (without Raritanium upgrades):
- V1: 892
- V2: 1,070
- V3: 1,284
- V4: 1,541
- V5: 1,849
- More Raritanium x7: Top left hex cost 2,000 Raritanium, other six cost 1,000 Raritanium each
- Faster Shooting x3: Right hex cost 2,500 Raritanium, other two cost 1,400 Raritanium each
- More Ammo x1: Cost 2,000 Raritanium, added four Mag-Nets to ammo capacity
- More Damage x3: Right hex cost 3,000 Raritanium and added 10% of current damage, other two cost 1,600 Raritanium each and add 5% of current damage
- Special Upgrade: Inductor Coils, increased the time the Mag-Nets last, cost 3500 Raritanium
Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time
The Mag-Net Launcher cost 40,000 bolts and 37,000 bolts with the Tools of Destruction discount. It was first available at the Valkyrie Citadel on planet Vapedia. At V1, the Mag-Net Launcher held twelve mag-nets.
"The Mag-Net Launcher is ideal for incapacitating large enemies on the battlefield. Just fire a Mag-Net at an enemy. The ionized orbs will imprison the poor goon in a deadly web of electricity, giving you a supreme tactical advantage. Now you can blow them up or make your escape! The Mag-Net Launcher. Available only at GrummelNet."
- The word "mag-net" was a play on the real word "magnet," an object which attracts metal.
- The Mag-Net Launcher was the weapon with the most available raritanium upgrades for purchase in Tools of Destruction
- Mag-Nets bare a resemblance to Hoberman Spheres.
- Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction (first appearance)
- Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time
- Ratchet & Clank (PS4)
- Ratchet & Clank (movie)