- “ I'm a lousy shot, but this baby can hit anything! ”
- ―Reactor's review of the Magma-Cannon [Deadlocked]
The Magma Cannon was a weapon created by Vox Industries which was given to starting DreadZone contestants. It shot a blast of magma energy with each shot and was similar to weapons such as the Blitz Gun, Concussion Gun, and Shock Blaster. The damage increased if it were used at close range. The weapon is quite effective against swarms of weaker enemies such as Swarmers, although it was not very effective against enemies with more health and often drained ammo very fast when it was used against such foes. At level 10, it upgrades into the Vulcan Cannon.
In game description
- “ The pride of the Vox Industries personnel protection line, this weapon is a quick firing, two handed monster that spits a cone of searing hot magma. Reactor says, "I'm a lousy shot, but this baby can hit anything! ”
- ―Weapon description [Deadlocked]
Behind the scenes
- In the demo of Ratchet: Deadlocked, the in-game description contains the same quote, only it is Lepton Leroy giving the quote, instead of Reactor.
- This weapon is associated with the V10 Glitch, found only in Multiplayer.
- Ratchet: Deadlocked (first appearance)
|Shotguns in the Ratchet & Clank series|
|Game||Going Commando||Up Your Arsenal||Going Mobile||Size Matters||Deadlocked||Secret Agent Clank||Tools of Destruction||A Crack in Time||Into the Nexus||Ratchet & Clank (PS4)|
|Blitz Gun||Shock Blaster||Defragmenter||Concussion Gun||Magma Cannon||Shard Gun||Shard Reaper||Constructo Shotgun||Temporal Repulsor||Pixelizer|
|Blitz Cannon||Shock Cannon||-||Concussion Cannon||Vulcan Cannon||Shard Cannon||Nitro Reaper||Mega Constructo Shotgun||Quantum Repulsor||Pixelizer HD|