|Rate of Fire||
1 Mine per second
The mine glove, used in conjunction with the Taunter, could be very effective. Setting a few mines close to, but out of range of the enemies, then using the taunter would cause the mines to actively seek enemies at a longer distance. If the player has the Persuader the product could be purchased for 5,000 bolts.
Gold Mine GloveEdit
The Gold Mine Glove had increased range, did a bit more damage, and had a much larger range when exploding. Also, the shots appear to have green smoke within them. Indicating that like most of the other Gold Weapons of the game, it has some green gas or acid within it.
Ratchet & Clank: Up Your ArsenalEdit
It's not in the main storyline in the game, however, it is one of the many weapons one could obtain in the Multiplayer mode. Three mines is enough to kill a player. And once a user kills three players with it, it upgrades. And is able to kill players with two mines only, however the upgrade was hard to get without Infinite Ammo as you only had 6 mines unless you refilled.
Behind the scenesEdit
In a behind the scenes video in the goodies menu of the original Ratchet & Clank, at one point footage of the early version of the game is seen where the Mine Glove is used. Here it is seen that the mines used to have an appearance similar to the mines created by the Mine Layer. These early mines resemble the Mine Glove ammo as well. They did not seem to move.
- "Mine Glove! Be sneaky and set EXPLODING traps for your enemies!" - Vendor Description
"The Mine Glove drops floating mines which will activate when any enemies walk into range. Use mines to set traps for your foes! Or try them in combination with Gadgetron's Taunter! Use L1 for precision placement of the mines." - Help Menu Description
- "The Gold Mine Glove is a simple yet effective improvement to the original. Your mines will do more damage, activate at a larger range, and can even be thrown father when in aiming mode. A solid addition to any adventurer's arsenal!" - Help Menu Description (Gold version)
| Let's just stomp around until we squish it!
This trivia section (or part of it) needs improving and should ideally be integrated into a behind the scenes section and main article with the trivia section eventually removed or reduced. See the talk page for further information and to discuss the exact implications of these improvements.
- Only 8 mines could be in the level. Exceeding this would cause existing mines to explode harmlessly instead of the column explosion. Ironically, the player only had a maxium of 6 in UYA's multiplayer mode, so the only way it would be possible was if it had infinite ammo, or if the player got more ammo.
- The glove's mines are an exact replica of the Homing Mines, both in appearance and behaviour.
- Originally, in the beta of the first game, demonstrated by the image to the right, the mines emitted by the glove were actually proper mines placed onto the floor. However, these were removed and replaced by the Homing Mines. However, a trace of the original mines still remained in the final game on Kerwan, where the Mine Layer robots used them as weaponry.
|Weapons and gadgets in Ratchet & Clank|