|Rate of Fire||
The Gadgetron Morph-O-Ray, also known as the Morph-o-ray or Morpharay, was Gadgetron's failed attempt to create a disintegration ray. Their failed result emanated a colorful ray that turned enemies into chickens. Larger enemies took longer to transform and the only boss that could be transformed was the Alien Queen.
The Gold Morph-O-Ray morphed enemies faster into bigger chickens, that would also act as decoys for Ratchet, diverting the attention of untransformed enemies. When the enemies attacked it enough it would explode also damaging the enemies.
- "While it originated as a failed attempt at a disintergration ray, the Morph-o-ray has now become one of Gadgetron's most popular devices. Just shine the Morph-o-ray beam at your foes and watch them turn into harmless chickens! Hold the beam on an enemy for a short period of time to convert it. Caution: larger enemies may take longer to convert." - Normal Version Help Menu Description
- "When we realized how popular the Morpharay had become, we couldn't wait to make a Gold Morpharay. Yes, this is the perfect weapon for chicken-lovers everywhere. Now featuring faster morphing technology!
And, due to popular demand, we've even super-sized the chickens. BIG CHICKENS! Could anyone ask for more?" - Help Menu Description (Gold version)
Behind the scenesEdit
In a behind-the-scenes video in the goodies menu of the original Ratchet & Clank, at one point footage of the early version of the game is seen where the Morph-O-Ray had a different effect. It shot white rings, an effect that looked very similar to the effect created by the Metal Detector. It was also noticeable that in this early version, the Morph-O-Ray had a way shorter range.
| Let's just stomp around until we squish it!
This trivia section (or part of it) needs improving and should ideally be integrated into a behind the scenes section and main article with the trivia section eventually removed or reduced. See the talk page for further information and to discuss the exact implications of these improvements.
- It was rated the second best video game gadget by IGN.
- The weapon ended hunger across the Solana Galaxy.
- In the commercials in the specials menu of Ratchet & Clank it was misspelled as "Morpharay".
- The Morph-O-Ray was featured in a commercial for the game. A group of teenagers attempted to morph their friend Jerry into a chicken, and were successful. They began chasing him around the garden, and later on, wondered if they would be able to turn him back.
Sources and referencesEdit
- ↑ In the original Ratchet & Clank. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rsqoI70FBw&feature=related 5:00
- ↑ http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/101/1019040p1.html
|Weapons and gadgets in Ratchet & Clank|
|Transformation Weapons in the Ratchet & Clank series|
|Game||Ratchet & Clank||Going Commando||Up Your Arsenal||Deadlocked||Going Mobile||Size Matters||Secret Agent Clank||A Crack in Time||All 4 One|
|Morph-O-Ray||Sheepinator||Qwack-O-Ray||Morphing mod||Boar-Zooka||Mootator||Pork Bomb Gun||Chimp-o-Matic||Critter Strike|
|Gold Morph-O-Ray||Black Sheepinator||Qwack-O-Blitzer||-||-||Armoogeddon||Meat Mortar||Chimpositron||Elite Critter Strike|