Naughty Dog is a video game developer company and Insomniac Games collaborater in gaming. Naughty Dog have collaborated with Insomniac Games many times, most commonly with the Ratchet & Clank series and the Jak and Daxter series.
Friendship with Insomniac Games
Since working together in the same building on the Universal Interactive Studios backlot, Naughty Dog and Insomniac Games have had a close relationship. Producer Mark Cerny has worked extensively with both companies. They have made similar types of games. For example, in the late 1990s, Naughty Dog's Crash Bandicoot series and Insomniac's Spyro the Dragon series both competed on the PlayStation as character-heavy platforming games with imaginative environments. With the release of the PlayStation 2, the two series were left in Universal's hands, and both developers continued in friendly competition after the creation of their new flagship franchises (Jak and Daxter and Ratchet & Clank, respectively).
Collaborations with Ratchet & Clank
Jak and Daxter series
- Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy - Ratchet was seen playing the game in the Start menu of Going Commando.
- Jak X: Combat Racing - Ratchet is a playable character in this game. Clank was an accessory antenna. Ratchet was wearing the Marauder armor (without the helmet) and an advertisement for Ratchet: Deadlocked was found at the back of the game manual.
- Jak II - Ratchet and Clank appear on a billboard in a level in the game. Ratchet was seen playing the game in the Start menu of Going Commando.
- Jak III - Collecting 15 orbs could unlock a Ratchet & Clank gun course where cardboard cutouts of Tyhrranoids are the targets.
Ratchet & Clank series
- Ratchet & Clank, Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando - The Ratchet & Clank background engine was developed by sharing proprietary techniques and code developed by Naughty Dog. Jak and Daxter's image appeared on the TV in Clank's apartment and on the billboards in Allgon City.
- Ratchet: Deadlocked - Jak is an available skin in multiplayer and co-op.