The way the Ratchet & Clank wiki capitalizes words has changed; therefore, this article should be checked, and, if necesary, capitalization should be fixed. For more information, see the new capitalization policy.
The O2 Mask was a helmet gadget that allowed breathing in various environments: underwater, in toxic atmospheres, and in space. This was accomplished though providing the wearer with a supply of oxygen by synthesizing and recycling it. It was acquired at Jowai Resort on planet Pokitaru in Ratchet & Clank. The resort owner Felton Razz promised to give Ratchet the mask if he and Clank escorted him to the other end of the resort and shot down the Blarg's dump ships with the Resort's Blarg ship. The mask allowed Ratchet to swim underwater for an unlimited amount of time without having to surface for air. It also allowed the Lombax to survive in poisonous atmospheres, such as on planet Orxon. It even allowed for use in outer space when Ratchet was not in his ship.O2 Masks were very similar to MegaCorp Helmets in Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando and Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal.
This gadget also appeared in Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction and Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty along with the Grind Boots, Gravity Boots, and Swingshot from the beginning of the game without having to be found.
- It was used by King Claude so that he could fight for DreadZone in Ratchet: Deadlocked.
- Although the O2 Mask enables Ratchet breathe in water, it does not explain how Ratchet is able to survive in space. This oddity also applies to Qwark, who is curiously able to survive in space, though without any sort of mask.
- In Ratchet & Clank, the O2 Mask fully covers the head, but when it reappears in the later games, it is much smaller and only covers the face and mouth. This change was most likely made so that it could be used with any sort of headgear.
- Early in development of the first game, the helmet was white in color, it was then changed to a jet black in color.
- On Planet Rilgar, Ratchet can stand in front of the tanks shooting toxic without getting injured so long as he has the O2 Mask on, this is most likely because Ratchet would breathe in the toxic gas, while not breathing it in through the O2 Mask.
- After Ratchet buys a weapon in Orxon or Oltanis Orbit, he will pose with the weapon without wearing the O2 Mask.
- Ratchet & Clank (first appearance)
- Ratchet: Deadlocked (mentioned only)
- Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
- Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty
- Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time
- Ratchet & Clank (PS4) (re-imagined O2 Mask)
|Weapons and gadgets in Ratchet & Clank|
| "Do I even want to ask what he's doing here?"
This media gallery (or part of it) needs improving and should ideally be integrated into the article, and the gallery should eventually be removed or reduced. See the talk page for further information and to discuss the exact implications of these improvements.