The way the Ratchet & Clank wiki capitalizes words has changed; therefore, this article should be checked, and, if necessary, capitalization should be fixed.
- “ This close-range arm cannon fires a burst of energy that blasts enemies back in time. A time when resolution was a lot lower ”
- ―Weapon Description [R&C (PS4)]
The Pixelizer was a shotgun weapon developed by Gadgetron. It fires a blast of green energy that damages anyone caught in the blast. It also pixelates the enemies that are damaged in the blast. Enemies killed by the Pixelizer are left pixelated and break apart in pixels afterwards.
At V5, the Pixelizer would upgrade into the Pixeliser HD. It dealt more damage and allowed the user to charge up the weapon for a larger blast.
- Ammo: Increases ammo capacity.
- Range: Increases how far the blast can reach.
- Area of Effect: Increases how wide the blast can reach.
- Overclock Tweak: Decreases the amount of time it takes to charge the Megablast 64 from the Pixelizer HD.
- Health Genie: Gives the Pixelizer a chance to generate Nanotech from enemies killed by it.
- Ammo Shark: Gives the Pixelizer a chance to generate ammo from enemies killed by it.
- Double Buffer: Increases rate of fire.
- The weapon bears similarities to the Pixelator, a weapon created and submitted by Drew Wise for the My Blaster Runs Hot weapon contest.
- Insomniac Games has stated that making the enemies pixelate was one of the hardest challenges to accomplish in the game's development.
- Ratchet & Clank (PS4) (first appearance)
Notes and references
|Shotguns in the Ratchet & Clank series|
|Game||Going Commando||Up Your Arsenal||Going Mobile||Size Matters||Deadlocked||Secret Agent Clank||Tools of Destruction||A Crack in Time||Into the Nexus||Ratchet & Clank (PS4)|
|Blitz Gun||Shock Blaster||Defragmenter||Concussion Gun||Magma Cannon||Shard Gun||Shard Reaper||Constructo Shotgun||Temporal Repulsor||Pixelizer|
|Blitz Cannon||Shock Cannon||-||Concussion Cannon||Vulcan Cannon||Shard Cannon||Nitro Reaper||Mega Constructo Shotgun||Quantum Repulsor||Pixelizer HD|