The Plasma Beasts was a weapon that threw out synthetic blobs, called Plasma Beasts, that laid dormant until they sensed enemies. They then jumped out of the ground and threw themselves at enemies. The Plasma Beasts was similar to the Agents of Doom, but the beasts did not move, making them more like mines. The Plasma Beasts was first available on planet Cobalia for 15,000 bolts. The Plasma Beasts would attack Drophyds that were out of their suits. Its special Raritanium upgrade was Proximity Sensors, which allowed the blobs to sense enemies from a further distance. It upgraded into the Plasma Stalkers, which allowed the beasts to burrow underground and follow Ratchet and appeared on the surface when they sensed enemies.
Damage increased by 15% of previous damage every upgrade. Weapon damage without Raritanium upgrades:
- V1: 240
- V2: 276
- V3: 317
- V4: 365
- V5: 420
- More Damage x3: cost 100 Raritanium each, added 5% of current damage
- More Ammo x2: cost 75 Raritanium each, added 1 to ammo capacity
- Bigger Area x3: cost 250 Raritanium each
- Faster Shooting x3: cost 100 Raritanium each
- Special Upgrade: Proximity Sensors, increased the Plasma Beasts' enemy detection range, cost 350 Raritanium
- When thrown, a green gooey substance was left behind which looked like Gelatonium. Thereby, they were thought to be part Gelatonium. To support this, when using this while Tumfoids were abundant, they would start to eat the goo as they ate normal Gelatonium.
- This is the first weapon that when you shoot it shoots out a monster that attacks the enemy. The other being the Rift Inducer 5000, where it shoots a vertical portal with a monster therein that attacks the enemy.