When that plasma bolt hit an enemy, nearby enemies were shocked by the electricity as well. This was similar to the effect gained by a Shock Mod, but much more powerful. The Plasma Coil upgraded at V5 into the Plasma Storm, whose plasma bolt shocked enemies as it traveled through the air like bolts of lightning from a thunderstorm, hence its name.
Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando
In Going Commando, the Plasma Coil could first be bought on planet Joba for 150,000 bolts. It upgraded to the Plasma Storm. In Challenge Mode, the Mega Plasma Storm could be purchased and upgraded to the Ultra Plasma Storm. The Plasma Coil was very powerful, as was its upgrade, rivaling the RYNO II in power. However, the Plasma Coil had far less ammo.
Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal
In Up Your Arsenal, the Plasma Coil could be purchased from Slim Cognito on Aquatos after landing on Koros and cost 250,000 bolts. If there was a Going Commando save file on a memory card inserted into the PS2 system with the Plasma Coil purchased, this weapon was free. The Plasma Coil upgraded to the powerful Plasma Storm. In Challenge Mode, the Mega Plasma Storm could be purchased, and further upgraded to the Giga Plasma Storm, and finally the Omega Plasma Storm.
- The Plasma Coil was quite different in Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal from that in Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando. The rotating front part rotated the other way, when equipped it made a different sound and the sound effects were different as well.
- The beta version of the Plasma Coil was actually very different from the last version. It had the same design as the Plasma Storm, its head rotated the opposite direction and the effects were different as well.
- In Going Commando, the almost infinite range of the weapon made it ideal for a substitute for the Pulse Rifle.
- In Ratchet & Clank: Issue 5: Multiple Organisms, Artemis Zogg threatened to kill Talwyn Apogee and Vorn Garblak with a Plasma Coil, and later in Ratchet & Clank: Issue 6: Bros Before Foes, threatened to kill Talwyn with a Plasma Coil. He later planned to use it to kill Ratchet but is stopped before he got the chance.
- In the same comic series, it was erroneously called the Tesla Coil instead of the Plasma Coil.
- Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando (first appearance)
- Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal
- Ratchet & Clank: Issue 5: Multiple Organisms
- Ratchet & Clank: Issue 6: Bros Before Foes
|Weapons and gadgets in Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal|