|Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando|
|Rate of Fire||
|Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal|
250,000 bolts (free when it purchased on a Going Commando save file)
The Plasma Coil was an auto-targeting weapon manufactured by Megacorp that fired a bolt of plasma and electricity. The bolt of plasma had an almost infinite range, and was only destroyed if it hit the target or an object.
When that plasma bolt hit an enemy, nearby enemies were shocked by the electricity as well. This was similar the effect gained by a Shock Mod, but much more powerful. The Plasma Coil upgraded at V5 into the Plasma Storm, whose plasma bolt shocked enemies as it traveled through the air like bolts of lightning from a thunderstorm, hence its name.
Ratchet & Clank: Going CommandoEdit
In Going Commando, the Plasma Coil could first be bought on planet Joba for 150,000 bolts. It upgraded to the Plasma Storm. In Challenge Mode, the Mega Plasma Storm could be purchased and upgraded to the Ultra Plasma Storm. The Plasma Coil was very powerful, as was its upgrade, rivaling the RYNO II in power. However, the Plasma Coil had far less ammo.
Ratchet & Clank: Up Your ArsenalEdit
In Up Your Arsenal, the Plasma Coil could be purchased from Slim Cognito on Aquatos after landing on Koros and cost 250,000 bolts. If there was a Going Commando save file on a memory card inserted into the PS2 system with the Plasma Coil purchased, this weapon was free. The Plasma Coil upgraded to the powerful Plasma Storm. In Challenge Mode, the Mega Plasma Storm could be purchased, and further upgraded to the Giga Plasma Storm, and finally the Omega Plasma Storm.
- In Going Commando, the infinite range of the weapon made it ideal for a substitute for the Pulse Rifle.
- In Ratchet & Clank: Issue 5: Multiple Organisms, Artemis Zogg threatened to kill Talwyn Apogee and Vorn Garblak with a Plasma Coil, and later in Ratchet & Clank: Issue 6: Bros Before Foes, threatened to kill Talwyn with a Plasma Coil. He later planned to use it to kill Ratchet but is stopped before he got the chance.
- In the same comic series, it is erroneously called the Tesla Coil instead of the Plasma Coil.
- Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando
- Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal
- Ratchet & Clank: Issue 5: Multiple Organisms
- Ratchet & Clank: Issue 6: Bros Before Foes
|Weapons and gadgets in Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal|