The PlayStation 2 (abbreviated to PS2) is Sony's second video game console, the successor to the PlayStation and the predecessor to the PlayStation 3. Its development was announced in March 1999, and it was first released in Japan on March 4, 2000 and in North America and Puerto Rico on October 26, 2000. It was released in Europe on November 24, 2000.
The PS2 is part of the sixth generation era, and has become the fastest selling gaming console in history, with over 100 million units shipped by November 2005, beating the previous record holder, the PlayStation, by three years and nine months. As of 2007 it sold 120 million units, which is currently out of sight for other consoles.
The first four Ratchet & Clank games were made exclusively for the PlayStation 2. Two games made for the PlayStation Portable, Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters and Secret Agent Clank, were later ported onto the PlayStation 2.
PlaysStation 2 also exists in a thinner version, called PlayStation Slim or PlayStation 2 Slim. The PlayStation Slim is thinner and easier to set up under your TV, and easier to carry away to another place.
Ratchet & Clank games on the PS2
- Ratchet & Clank (first Ratchet & Clank game on the PlayStation 2)
- Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando
- Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal
- Ratchet: Deadlocked
- Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters
- Secret Agent Clank
- The Mavix Fireball pro controller also had two analogue sticks and directional buttons just like the console. The buttons and didn't appear on the right, but it was shown was and which they were attack buttons.
|es = PlayStation 2