1 hp per missle
|Rate of Fire||
Ratchet & Clank: 7 missiles per shot
Ratchet & Clank: None
The Rip You a New One, abbreviated R.Y.N.O., or RYNO, was a devastatingly powerful auto-targeting missile launcher developed by the Blarg that was extremely rare and expensive. It fired seven individual missiles simultaneously, which immediately sought and destroyed various targets. It also had a high rate of fire, despite its size and caliber.
The original R.Y.N.O. in Ratchet & ClankEdit
- "Originally manufactured by Gadgetron as ultimate in tactical offensive weaponry, the R.Y.N.O was only available from black market vendors. Featuring high-capacity, rapid-fire, auto-tracking missiles, this weapon was simply deemed too dangerous for civilian use."
- ―Gadgetron weapon description[src]
The R.Y.N.O. was used at least in the Solana and Bogon galaxies. The weapon was too dangerous for civilian use, and Gadgetron eventually took the weapon out of the market. Shady Salesman was able to get his hands on one and offered to sell it to Ratchet and Clank in Blackwater City for 150,000 bolts.
A single ammunition pack for the R.Y.N.O was a blue steel box with a black mushroom cloud on a yellow background.
Updated R.Y.N.O. in the PSP gamesEdit
In Size Matters, the R.Y.N.O functioned slightly differently; it fired six separate rockets, as opposed to seven from the original model. The Size Matters R.Y.N.O had a higher rate of fire than Gadgetron's first R.Y.N.O, seemingly cancelling out the difference. The R.Y.N.O could only be bought in the game's challenge mode costing 9,999,000 bolts and was by far the most expensive item in the game.
In Secret Agent Clank, the R.Y.N.O also functions like the one in Size Matters.
The R.Y.N.O in other gamesEdit
Later, Gadgetron continued to market the weapon and even produced new weapons in the same series, such as the R.Y.N.O II, the RY3NO, the RYNO IV, the RYNO V and secretly the Ryno VI the plans of which where sold to Nevo Binklemeyer of planet magnus who then adapted the technology to make the RYNO 6 protosuit. In Going Mobile, Ratchet received the R.Y.N.O after obtaining 30 titanium bolts. It was a rocket-launcher similar to the Devastator.
| Let's just stomp around until we squish it!
This trivia section (or part of it) needs improving and should ideally be integrated into a behind the scenes section and main article with the trivia section eventually removed or reduced. See the talk page for further information and to discuss the exact implications of these improvements.
- The original R.Y.N.O. had nine barrels. However, the weapon fired seven missiles on a single shot.
- In Size Matters, Otto asked, "What is more powerful than intelligence?" Ratchet answered, "The R.Y.N.O?"
- The original R.Y.N.O. could be considered the hardest to obtain in the series, because of the high price and lack of a Bolt Multiplier in the first game's Challenge Mode
- In the Tombli Outpost, in Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time, the use of the term R.Y.N.O was apparently extremely prohibited.
- The R.Y.N.O could have possibly gotten its name from the animal 'rhino', since they can be powerful and devastating, hence the R.Y.N.O is the most powerful weapon in the Ratchet & Clank series. However, the actual basis of the name is that it stands for Rip You A New One, indicating the true destructive power of the weapon.
- Clank mentioned that the Shady Salesman must've stolen the RYNO from the Blarg in Ratchet & Clank.
- This was the only R.Y.N.O. that was said to be heavy.
- In the original game, if one was holding the RYNO then used the wrench and quickly enter the Quick Select menu and selected the Ryno instead of a rotating Ryno it would be a rotating wrench.
- Ratchet & Clank
- Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando
- Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal
- Ratchet & Clank: Going Mobile
- Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters
- Secret Agent Clank
- Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
- Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time
- ↑ RYNO II help menu description: "The RYNO II was an upgrade to what was previously considered the most powerful missile launcher in the galaxy"
|Weapons and gadgets in Ratchet & Clank|
|Rip Ya a New One Missile Launchers in the Ratchet & Clank series|
|Game||Ratchet & Clank||Going Commando||Up Your Arsenal|| Size Matters|
Secret Agent Clank
|Tools of Destruction||A Crack in Time||All 4 One|
|Basic version||RYNO||RYNO II||RY3NO||RYNO||RYNO IV||RYNO V||RYNO VI Protosuit|
|Upgraded version||-||-||RYNOCIRATOR||RYNOCERATOR|| RYNO IV Extreme|
Omega RYNO 4-Ever
| Mega RYNO V|
Omega RYNO V