- "I present to you the RYNO V, the most powerful weapon in the known universe! You be careful with this thing, now; it packs a heck of a punch!'"
- ―The Smuggler after building the RYNO V for Ratchet[src]
The RYNO V was a weapon in the Rip Ya a New One series. The RYNO V operated by releasing a number of rockets towards its target(s). While firing the weapon, it played the 1812 Overture, a classic Tchaikovsky piece that's known for using cannon fire as part of its music. The RYNO V mainly launched hails of bullets in a spraying formation but, in tune with the 1812 Overture, it launched a missile (similar to the Negotiator) from the center barrel of the gun while the outer barrels sprayed bullets in a similar fashion to two overlapping miniguns. The weapon was obtained by collecting ten Holo-Plans (of which made the only-known copy of the plans for the weapon) and giving them to the Smuggler. The weapon had 1500 rounds of ammo and had a colossal 3000 rounds of ammo at VX which it tended to consume at an amazing rate. At V5 the RYNO V upgraded into the Mega RYNO V, Which had more ammo and fired rockets at a faster rate.
It could be considered to have shotgun, rocket launcher and machine gun properties. The bullets lost power from distance and they also sprayed. Unlike a shotgun, the outer barrel was automatic and consistently sprayed bullets. The rocket launcher property was the fact that it released a pair of rockets every six seconds.
Despite being the latest weapon in the RYNO series, it is considered to be less powerful than the earlier version the RYNO IV because it has the highest maximum damage dealt (but still not the most in single shot held by the Alpha Disruptor). Although some find its high rate of fire and large amount of Ammo to be more useful than the power of RYNO IV.(1500 - 3000 AMMO fired at maximum speeds that can beat a boss in 2 sec.)
"The RYNO V. Simply put, this is the deadliest weapon in the known universe. There's only one strategy with this one: Squeeze the trigger! After that, it's clean up on aisle three! The RYNO V. Guaranteed to Rip You A New One!"
The RYNO V only has two upgraded versions.
Omega RYNO VEdit
The Omega RYNO V was the Omega version of the Mega RYNO V. It was more powerful and this weapon could only be purchased for 1,000,000 bolts in Challenge Mode when Ratchet obtained the Mega (Level 5) version of the RYNO V.
- "I don't believe it. You got every piece! Son, when this thing is built, it'd be best if we didn't discuss the matter again; galactic authorities would throw us both in Zordoom just for looking at it. Now stand back..."
- ―The Smuggler to Ratchet after the holo-plan is completed[src]
The first piece is found the first time you have to enter his ship. It's in the middle of the hallway about halfway through.
The second piece is behind the Spaceport Terminal. Then, use the Swingshot to get over the platform and you will land on it. Ignore the Zoni until you have the schematic.
Once you have the OmniSoaker, return to the front door of The Hollow and use the oil to activate the catapult. Launch from the catapult and you land on the schematic.
In the settlement, follow the Zoni through the Hover Boot course. At the end, plug the Battery Bot into the door to get the schematic.
To the right of the Security Station entrance. It's sitting on a cliff attached to the station. Use the Hover Boots to long jump to the cliff and get it.
Two of the Holo-Plans are prizes in the tournaments. One resides in each: the Bronze Cup and the Raritanium Cup and in one of the challenges
After the third Valkyrie Training Room(battery bot room), take the door that doesn't open. There should be a Gold Bolt in plain sight on a station. Behind the building with the Gold Bolt is the schematic.
Gimlick Valley, Planet Morklon.After you defeat Argos, the ninth Holo-Plan Piece should be on top of the Floodgate in the new present day. To the right of it should be a hydraplant behind a large rock. Fill it up with water from the river to get to the Floodgate.
During your second visit, on the island where you jump down to fight Nefarious, It's on the left side behind a rock.
- The 1812 Overture looped every 5 seconds when firing the weapon.
- It was unanimously voted as the weapon that was "Most Likely to End Life as We Know It". It also apparently had songs and poems written over it amongst other things.
- When every other weapon is unlocked, the RYNO V will have it's own select screen.
- It was blacklisted like all RYNO weapons, eons before Ratchet even used it.
- The RYNO V has the most ammo capacity in the whole series, despite the quick ammo depletion, starting out with 1,500. Its maximum ammo capacity is 3,000 at VX.
- If the player shot the RYNO V near a Terachnoid in Axiom City, the Terachnoid would say: "Whoa, a RYNO! I've never seen one in real life!". If a player had a RYNO V when fighting Dr. Nefarious, he would say: "WHERE did you get that RYNO!?!"
- The RYNO V was not very useful against moving enemies (particularly against flying enemies out of the RYNO V's hail of bullets from above), however the player could throw out a Groovitron to keep their foes still, and then use 1st Person to aim upwards and obliterate them.
- When the RAINBOW TRAILS cheat is unlocked by doing Skill Points and turned ON, the RYNO V missiles leave a trail like every other weapon projectile, but the smoke is still the same colors. One of a few projectiles that doesn't have the rainbow feature, is the bullets.
- On V1 on the RYNO V it could destroy the War Grok quickly and level up around 3 battles. It also works with the Hydra Tanks and Double Jeopardy. It is useful if you want to make around V3 for the RYNO V to defeat Dr. Nefarious quickly.
Sources and referencesEdit
- ↑ http://pax.gamespot.com/story/6216887/insomniac-games-offers-weapons-class-at-pax
- ↑ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZgcikriOTQ
- ↑ http://gamespot.com/ps3/adventure/ratchetandclankacrackintime/news.html?sid=6218353&mode=previews
- ↑ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-koKj8ekW8
- ↑ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1u8Yys51bKs
|Rip Ya a New One Missile Launchers in the Ratchet & Clank series|
|Game||Ratchet & Clank||Going Commando||Up Your Arsenal|| Size Matters|
Secret Agent Clank
|Tools of Destruction||A Crack in Time||All 4 One|
|Basic version||RYNO||RYNO II||RY3NO||RYNO||RYNO IV||RYNO V||RYNO VI Protosuit|
|Upgraded version||-||-||RYNOCIRATOR||RYNOCERATOR|| RYNO IV Extreme|
Omega RYNO 4-Ever
| Mega RYNO V|
Omega RYNO V