Administrators, commonly abbreviated as admins and also called sysops, are editors to whom the community gives access to technical features that help with maintenance. The Ratchet & Clank wiki practice is to grant administrator status to anyone who has been an active and regular the Ratchet & Clank wiki contributor for at least a few months, is familiar with and respects the Ratchet & Clank wiki policy, and who has gained the trust of the community - assuming there is a need for further administrators. They can protect and delete pages, block other editors, and undo these actions as well. By default, these privileges are granted indefinitely and are only removed on request or under circumstances involving high level intervention (see Administrator abuse below). Administrators are editors who undertake additional responsibilities on a voluntary basis.
All administrators receive rollback powers automatically as part of the administrative rights.
Administrators can be removed if they misuse their powers. Currently, administrators may be removed if all other administrators feel it is necessary and have good reasons. At their discretion, lesser penalties may also be assessed against problematic administrators, including the restriction of their use of certain powers or placement on administrative probation. The technical ability to remove administrator status rests with bureaucrats.
The key responsibilities of administrators are listed below. Many items on this list can also be completed by other users, but an administrator should particularly fulfill these duties. Please note that this list is not comprehensive and that failure to complete part of these responsibilities is not necessarily grounds for user rights removal.
- Enforcing the manual of style, image policy and other policies.
- Checking the recent changes/Wiki activity for vandalism or non-manual of style edits.
- Helping users - this includes welcoming new users and referring users to relevant help pages or policies in an approachable manner.
- Commenting in key forum discussions to the wiki and/or IRC meetings where possible.
- Voting on community events - especially in relation to featured, good and comprehensive articles.
- Taking part in user projects and the to-do lists where possible.
- Dealing with disputes such as edit-wars in a neutral, fair and balanced manner.
- Communicating with other administrators regularly.
- Warning and blocking troublesome users appropriately in accordance with blocking policy and using common sense.
For a technical list of administrators and for verification see Special:ListUsers/sysop.
- Haydos271 (Sysop)
- Hunterj (Bureaucrat, sysop)
- Kurtskywalker (Bureaucrat, sysop)
- Malllo (Sysop)
- Nifky (Sysop)
- Tigernose (Sysop)