This page is an archive of a previous meeting, not the current meeting!
All topics have been discussed.
21:00 UTC 7th of March
This area will be used for deciding a date and time at a time nearer to the meeting.
- Please state the time in A.M. or P.M., as this could make a huge difference. (due to conversions) Clank 720My Sonic Sensors 14:05, 1 March 2009 (UTC)
- I think we should have the meeting on Saturday the 7th of March. We usually get the most people around between 18:00 and 22:00 UTC, so we should star somewhere between there. Please state what time/date you're available for, if this isn't a good time/date for you then say so. Hunterj Hunterj's Resort 12:03, 1 March 2009 (UTC)
- Any date is good for me. Also I'd prefer the time to be as early as possible but I don't really mind that much either. HiQuTalk to me! 16:21, 1 March 2009 (UTC)
- I can on Sunday, but not any other days. From 21:00 onwards I can join, but this time may be a little late for HiQu and Hunterj. иιƒкч? 06:26, 2 March 2009 (UTC)
- A week on friday from 6PM will be alright for meOOM-10Gadgebot HQ 20:12, 2 March 2009 (UTC)
- If you can't really make it on Sundays, I can try a Saturday, but not definitely sure about it. If I can go on, it will be from 21:30 to 23:00. As per Sundays, see my above comment. I can't do this during weekdays, because the school blocked wikia, but not Wikipedia for some reason. In terms of IRC, I haven't tried irc.wikia.com yet at school (I bet it's blocked). иιƒкч? 07:35, 3 March 2009 (UTC)
- I might not make it because I am in the process of moving. Clank 720My Sonic Sensors 20:00, 3 March 2009 (UTC)
- What if we would have the meeting on Friday the 6th. Would that be goood for everyone? HiQuTalk to me! 18:33, 4 March 2009 (UTC)
- Weekends don't work for me. Evenings between 17:00 and 20:00 work. Kuгtѕκγωαικєг Talk/Contrıbs 20:11, 5 March 2009 (UTC)
- My correction, I only can go during Fridays (possibly) and Saturdays (definitely), at the same times spectified above, (that is 21:00 for Saturday onwards, 21:30 to 23:00 Fridays, but Fridays are uncertain). Sorry, I just forgot about the days with the timezones... иιƒкч? 08:00, 6 March 2009 (UTC)
- I can go Friday, 6th March, about 6.30pm, if not that I will be able to fit in Anywhere from 6pm Saturday, and I may be available on a Sunday. What I'm saying techincally, is that I can do the weekend evenings. Tigernose--Have a chat!Have a look at what I've done! 18:09, 6 March 2009 (UTC)
- Saturday is a really bad day fr me, I have swim championshipsClank 720My Sonic Sensors 20:10, 6 March 2009 (UTC)
- As I've said before the next couple of weeks aren't that great for anyone... We'll try tomorrow and see who turns up. This meeting will be a short one anyway, look at the agenda. Hunterj Hunterj's Resort 20:13, 6 March 2009 (UTC)
Feel free to add topics here. Crossed out topics are likely explained in the comments section below.
Hoverboard XZ88 - Where was it mentioned? Canon? Fanon? HiQuTalk to me! 21:04, 2 February 2009 (UTC)
- Nominations Issue (+3) Nobody ever changes the numbers so do we take it off or keep it? Mobutu4(R) :) My Talk .....My Mood 03:42, 3 February 2009 (UTC)
- Nominated template - I think we don't even need it. HiQuTalk to me! 15:27, 4 February 2009 (UTC)
Froscan Lombaxes? - canon or fanon? Hunterj Hunterj's Resort 20:39, 10 February 2009 (UTC)
- Walkthrough planets - the Underwater Base is on planet Hydrano but always when you use your map or load game feature it says the location on the left and the planet/main location on the right. While your as Qwark on planet Hydrano it says Dam's Edge, Hydrano But while your in the underwater base it says Main Bulkhead Lock, Underwater Base and Super Secret Base, Underwater Base instead of Underwater Base, Hydrano so was thinking; should Underwater Base have it's own walkthrough or should it be connected with Hydrano. HiQuTalk to me! 13:39, 15 February 2009 (UTC)
- Sockpuppeting - Should we have that kind of a policy. HiQuTalk to me! 14:33, 17 February 2009 (UTC)
- The size of the images on articles - Should there be a section about it in the image policy. Some users put images in articles with huge size (332px for example) and they don't look good. HiQuTalk to me! 12:56, 22 February 2009 (UTC)
Monaco sidebar problem - Every time you highlight a category, it gets messed up. Should we contact wikia? HiQuTalk to me! 16:40, 24 February 2009 (UTC)
- Appearances - should we have an appearance section on each game article? One that lists appearances, this would boost links and could be very useful to readers. It'd also help site navigation. Hunterj Hunterj's Resort 17:03, 25 February 2009 (UTC)
- References needed for unreleased appearances? - I think they should be there. For example if something was cut from a game (Up Your Arsenal for example) and it was marked as an appearance I think it should have a referance which tells where did we got the information from. (Insomniac Museum or website for example). HiQuTalk to me! 15:12, 28 February 2009 (UTC)
- Kragmites - There is an article for the creatures Kragmites, found in some abandoned comics on the R&C website. But I think they are Cragmites. It says they were the original idea for them, but they seem identical in appearance and behaviour - obviously except for their name. Tigernose--Have a chat!Have a look at what I've done! 21:11, 28 February 2009 (UTC)
Ratchet - an FA nominated for Improvement Drive... We need to fix this ASAP, before the IDRIVE if possible. It's a big task so I'd like to split it up among several users. Hunterj Hunterj's Resort 20:43, 5 March 2009 (UTC)
- Layout of featured articles - Some of them are in a wrong tense. Some of them don't have sources. I think we should fix all of our featured articles. And again we should split it up among several users. HiQuTalk to me! 14:40, 7 March 2009 (UTC)
- Users creating new accounts - Should the old accounts be blocked and should we think they are sockpuppet accounts now? I'm also pointing my finger to User:KrazyKat and User:Lombax Jerk accounts. HiQuTalk to me! 14:45, 7 March 2009 (UTC)
If you want to talk about an agenda topic add a new section below with it's digit, however it is best to save things for the meeting if possible. If you are not going to be able to make the meeting, feel free to give your input and opinions here, but you cannot vote on any topics requiring a vote unless you attend.
- It was mentioned by Clank, when he said: Yo dudes, for the freshest boards in the galaxy, check out the new XZ88 from Gadgetron. It's so hot, it's cool. Henrikv4My talk page 20:09, 13 February 2009 (UTC)
- Proof: "Ratchet: Uh... hi? This is Ratchet for... uh... Gadgetron hoverboards. And if you... um...
Clank: Yo dudes. For the freshest boards in the galaxy, check out the new XZ88, from Gadgetron! It's so hot, it's cool! Gadgetron CEO: I think I got the wrong guy... that was... um... something... " —Unsigned comment at 17:05, 25 February 2009 by Hunterj (talk • contribs).
- Keep, because it just makes it easier to see. иιƒкч? 08:42, 18 February 2009 (UTC)
- note that we use the # to count them, but nobody changes it. I have to. Mobutu4(R) My Talk --My Mood 23:15, 22 February 2009 (UTC)
- I think we should keep it.Henrikv4My talk page 18:51, 7 March 2009 (UTC)
- I think we should put it on the talk page of a nominated article, and then put (below it) when it was featured on the main page, or remove it if it's unsuccessful. Hunterj Hunterj's Resort 17:53, 4 February 2009 (UTC)
- I don't think we need it. Henrikv4My talk page 18:55, 7 March 2009 (UTC)
- I say we leave it. Clank 720My Sonic Sensors 19:32, 7 March 2009 (UTC)
- I think it's fanon. I wrote that Angela was a froscan lombax a time ago, and I strongly regret that. I kind of vandalized the wiki. I belived that she was a froscan lombax then, but now I beg everyone here pardon because of that. Sorry everyone. Henrikv4My talk page 19:56, 13 February 2009 (UTC)
- Also Obani Gemini and Draco have their own walthroughs even if the main location is Zygan System (They're just the small locations like the Dam's Edge) but that's a good thing I think. And Underwater Base is the big location. HiQuTalk to me! 13:39, 15 February 2009 (UTC)
- I think Underwater Base should have its own walkthrough. Henrikv4My talk page 19:03, 7 March 2009 (UTC)
- Yeah, when users do that to escape bans... well you can get blocked indefinitely from using sockpuppeted accounts or making new ones due to the checkuser thing on Wikipedia. иιƒкч? 08:42, 18 February 2009 (UTC)
- In Wikipedia, they have a changing username page that allows users to change their name when they feel like it, so you can't sockpuppet by creating another account because you say 'I chose a bad username'. In Wikia, obviously there's no changing username page to change your username and keep the same account with the all the contributions you had and stuff, so that's why people create new accounts, like LJ, but I see no purpose creating multiple accounts at one time when you are not blocked or anything, and are creating it 'just as a backup'. I think those reasons I outlined above are unacceptable. Plus, when you decide to create another account just because you didn't like the username, they shouldn't use their past account again or else have it blocked for misusing it under false reasons. иιƒкч? 02:31, 1 March 2009 (UTC)
- On Darthipedia they block sockpuppeting users and under age COPPA users. You can see in the block log that Madclaw blocked all 3 accounts of LJ (Lombax Jerk, HK22 and KrazyKat for indefinite) and Supergeeky1 blocked Mobutu4 (until 2012). иιƒкч? 08:02, 6 March 2009 (UTC)
- Try using 200px or 250px. It works fine. иιƒкч? 10:55, 24 February 2009 (UTC)
- I think it depends on the image and the article, but we should probably have some guidelines, not a policy. Hunterj Hunterj's Resort 17:03, 25 February 2009 (UTC)
- Yes we do. I'd appreciate someone else contacting though, I'm talking to them about several other things at the minute. Hunterj Hunterj's Resort 17:03, 25 February 2009 (UTC)
- Also when Hunterj contacts the publishers of Clone Home and if it was deleted, I'd like to have references for every article (like Ratchet) which can prove that they would've been in the game. (IGN images for example). HiQuTalk to me! 15:12, 28 February 2009 (UTC)
- I think they should be there. Henrikv4My talk page 19:22, 7 March 2009 (UTC)
- I don't know about this. I mean, in Tools of Destruction, I belive Klunk's name was spelled Clunk in the subtitles. Henrikv4My talk page 19:10, 7 March 2009 (UTC)
The below section should only be used when a date and time has been decided. Feel free to turn up at the meeting without signing below if you would like, this is just to give us an indication of numbers.
Users who will most likely be able to attendEdit
- иιƒкч? 00:58, 7 March 2009 (UTC)
- HiQuTalk to me! 14:06, 7 March 2009 (UTC)
- We'll still attempt to have a meeting today, see who else actually turns up, even if only three of us say we can come. Hunterj Hunterj's Resort 18:08, 7 March 2009 (UTC)
- A bit late, but... LethalReflex 21:04, 7 March 2009 (UTC)
Users who will not be able to attendEdit
- Clank 720My Sonic Sensors
- Mutated 02:47, 7 March 2009 (UTC) Sorry guys, I have stuff going on.
- Henrikv4My talk page 08:58, 7 March 2009 (UTC)