This is the summary of the IRC meeting on 3 April 2010. A transcript is also available. The Tasks were added to the to-do list for completion.
Forum:MediaWiki - PagetitleEdit
- Related link - Forum:MediaWiki - Pagetitle.
Pagetitle will be changed to something like "Ratchet & Clank wiki - The free, editable encyclopaedia about Ratchet & Clank" - the exact phrase not to be used.
- Related link - Forum:Userboxes
A userbox will be made with changeable fields for use on userpages, existing userboxes will still exist. There will be emphasis on using the new template.
Forum:Up Your Arsenal ending charactersEdit
- Related link - Forum:Up Your Arsenal ending characters
Decided that YouTube clips can be used to distinguish characters and Tigernose volunteered to help.
- Related link - Forum:Biography
A biography section will be used as the level two heading for characters, with characters that have multiple appearances having game titles as the level three heading.
- Related link - Forum:Clank Challenges
Each challenge will have its own article.
- Related link - Forum:Sidebar
Sidebar will be remade. Forum will be reopened to discuss details of changes to the sidebar, before implementing them.
- Related link - Forum:Walkthrough suggestions
- A 'prologue' for each game will be made on each game's walkthrough page (e.g. Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando/Walkthrough) detailing general game tips, controls etc.
- A navigation template will be created for walkthroughs. A link to the next and previous page will be on the template, and a 'hidden' drop down section will give key links, for example to the main walkthrough, skill point location list etc.
Out of universe contentEdit
More out of universe articles may be created, however they must be strongly related to Ratchet & Clank. Each individual article's relevance to be discussed on the talk page of each article as necessary.
Clank will be used as the article title, but XJ-0461 will be used in the infobox.
A new forum system will be made replacing Forum:General for general discussion.
Article and image request pagesEdit
Article and image request pages will be created and linked to on relevant pages.
A infobox for moons will be created. Hunterj will create the infobox and Tigernose will discuss the fields to be used. Any other changes can be discussed on the infobox's talk page.
In Tools of Destruction...Edit
- Clarified that when writing in-universe articles "Make sure that you write the articles from Ratchet's view (in-universe) and in the past tense, keep gaming tips to a separate section." (manual of style)
- Game names are to be used for third level headings in biography sections where appropriate, but in paragraphs game names are not to be used. Fourth level headings can be storyline sections. Also sections that are not specific to a particular game have their own heading. For example (Nefarious article used):
==Biography== ===life as an organic being=== ===UYA=== ====Sub-plot in UYA====
Walkthrough sections for each skill point is to be made.
No clear decision made, to be discussed again at a later date.
Decided that Jxtreme's new skin will be used from June onwards after trialling it beforehand.
User blog feature will not be introduced.
All articles about the music in the games will be merged into one article for the soundtrack of each game. Speculative information will be removed. If a soundtrack with official track names is later released then individual articles may be made.
PSN ID pageEdit
A page for posting gaming details, such as PSN IDs, has been created here.
A image based navigation section for the main page will be considered to replace the current text lists. A forum will be created for users to post their examples. Tigernose has volunteered to create a preview. Jxtreme has also volunteered.
Challenge mode articles are to be marked as non-canon.