The way the Ratchet & Clank wiki capitalizes words has changed; therefore, this article should be checked, and, if necessary, capitalization should be fixed.
- “ Nothing gets the job done quite like a portal to another dimension! ”
- ―The arena commentator, if the Rift Inducer 5000 was used in the Agorian Battleplex [ACiT]
The Rift Inducer 5000 was a GrummelNet weapon similar to the original Rift Inducer by Gadgetron. As with the original, the Rift Inducer 5000 opens a portal to another dimension, where Ratchet's enemies were sent to their demise. The main change was that the tentacles of a ferocious inter-dimensional monster (named Fred by the GrummelNet engineers) came out of the rift to grab enemies and bring them through the portal, transporting them to Fred's dimension (where they became his dinner). bolts were released upon dissipation of the portal. When this weapon upgraded to V5, it became the Rift Ripper 5000.
"The Rift Inducer 5000 was created to fill the death-by-interdimensional-being niche. The being, named "Fred" by our engineers, enjoys moonlight strolls along the beach, reading and mauling unsuspecting enemies with brutal efficiency. Whoa! Look at that. Fred must be hungry. The Rift Inducer 5000! Available only at GrummelNet!"
- The official description said it used the same technology as the Dimensionator. However, it seems to be linked to only one dimension, and can't be used to contact or travel to other dimensions, like the Lombax dimension.
- This weapon appeared in Ratchet & Clank: Issue 1: Ears of War and Ratchet & Clank: Issue 5: Multiple Organisms on the wall of Ratchet's garage.
- Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time (first appearance)
- Ratchet & Clank: Issue 1: Ears of War
- Ratchet & Clank: Issue 5: Multiple Organisms
Notes and references
|es = Inductor de grietas 5000