|Ivan Von Shellshocktonberg (ShellShock)|
Unknown, possibly Obani
- "Target acquired, terminating with extreme prejudice!"
Life as Go-Comet greeter to a a soldier in the Obanian Army
- "They said I was too crazy to fight! I showed them crazy!"
Ivan spent ten years working as a greeter at a Go-Comet bot part retailer. He retired after a freak parasailing accident rendered him paralyzed from the neck-up.
Friendly Chemicals, a subsidiary of the Obanian Army, offered him a fully mechanical headpiece and a job in the Army. He accepted. Six months later, his brain was destroyed by a cruise missile that hit his head during the Obani Moon War, and was replaced with a coffee machine's AI chip. As a result, Shellshock was immune to pain (but not damage) and made a great cappuccino.
Although his headpiece protected most of his head, his body was destroyed. He was then fitted with a fully mechanical armor suit, and his damaged brain tissue was replaced with a super-charged AI chip from a Mr-Headache coffee machine. He was now more robot than man.
Fighting in battle after battle, he became a decorated war hero, but was too much for the deep pain in what was left in his mind, which had finally boiled over. Late into the Obani Moon War, he went AWOL, changed his name to ShellShock, and joined DreadZone. No longer a war hero, his motivation became revenge against the worlds he hated.
He was very large and muscular, had a plethora of weapons, talked with an extremely distinct Austrian accent, and used insults such as "girly men" and "sissies" on almost everybody. His best friend was Reactor, whom he carpooled with.
In the events of Ratchet: Deadlocked, Shellshock defeated the Omega Twins. Then he began to stalk Ratchet on planet Kronos, before fleeing to the Dark Cathedral where the Lombax defeated him. This decisive battle made Gleeman Vox and Ratchet's other critics realize that they had severely underestimated Ratchet's potential at DreadZone. After being defeated, Ace claimed Shellshock was too old and too stupid to be an Exterminator.
Behind the scenes
According to cut audio files, he was discharged from the Military for incinerating his commanding officer on twenty-six different occasions.
From these same cut audio recordings, it was also mentioned that he served as a door greeter for Dallas Wanamaker's Dallas Loves Everything charity event. Apparently, the more people donated, the less he beat the guests on their way out.
Also from the same cut audio files, Shellshock also wasn't actually voted the "Sexiest Robot Alive" by Vox Magazine, as Juanita just made this up to fool Dallas. However, when the actual game came out, most of the original quote was stripped from the game except the beginning part in which Juanita states Shellshock was voted "Sexiest Robot Alive." Because of this, Shellshock really was voted "Sexist Robot Alive" by Vox Magazine.
- A smaller version of Shellshock was available as a skin in Multiplayer mode, albeit with a much different head. This head was the armor he wore on his first confrontation with Ratchet. After the battle, it was blasted off, leaving his head exposed.
- [[wikipedia:Combat stress reaction|Shell shock]] is the name of a mental condition which many World War I soldiers contracted because of the noise of the bullets and explosions.
- He was voted the 'Sexiest Robot Alive' by Vox Magazine.
- His accent is a parody of Arnold Schwarzenegger.[source?]
- A poster of him was featured in Neftin Prog's hideout.
- Ratchet: Deadlocked
- Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty (mentioned only)
- Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus (picture only)
- PlayStation Home (figurine)