Skid McMarx, also spelled Skidd McMarxx, was a professional hoverboarder. He was a stereotypical skateboarder/surfer-dude, possessing a laid-back attitude and intelligence (or lack thereof) that matched this personality.
Ratchet & ClankEdit
Skid let Ratchet take his place in the HoverCon Intergalactic Hoverboard Competition because his ship crashed on Aridia. Skid needed Ratchet to kill the sandsharks so he can make it to his ship. When asked why he won't kill the sandsharks himself, Skid claimed to had "sprained his ankle," yet he can walk to his ship once the sandsharks were dead. He also had an agent of the same race, before he crash-landed.
Ratchet & Clank: Up Your ArsenalEdit
Skidd was chosen for the Q-Force for his "nerves of steel," despite chickening out and letting Ratchet do the work in the original game. He volunteered to help Ratchet with his quick skills with the Hacker on Aquatos, where he requested that he is referred to by his code name "Shadow-Dude." Skidd also notified the duo that "black-ops" are his specialty. When he helped the duo get to the room with Slim Cognito, he got scared and said that he forgot to feed his goldfish, then left. Later on in the game, he was kidnapped by Courtney Gears and taken to her home planet on Obani Draco. He was then used as a dummy to test the Bio-Bliterator, which turned him into a robot. How he was changed back from his robot state at the end of the game is not revealed, but earlier on Big Al had said that it may be possible to reverse the transformation. Skidd can be seen in the end cutscene, at the Secret Agent Clank premier, back to normal and sitting with his agent from the original Ratchet & Clank.
- After the demise of Courtney Gears in Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal, Skid went into the music business, when his latest pieces of word poetry had proven to be more popular than Courtney's works due to accusations that she was one of Dr. Nefarious' accomplices. Courtney's managers even dumped her for him, but remained popular to some degree, and harbored a dislike for Skid and his work.[source?]
- Skid's name (and surname) might be a wordplay on the expression "skid marks".
- Skid wasn't seen or heard in the later games. He may have departed from Q-Force, and like the rest of the team, he took his separate ways.
- Oddly, in Up Your Arsenal, Skid's name is altered to Skidd McMarxx, as it was spelled Skid McMarx in the original Ratchet & Clank. Insomniac's reasons for doing this are unknown.
- According to the Ratchet & Clank Future 2010 Calendar, Skid's birthday is March 15.
- In Ratchet & Clank, every time you visit Aridia and return, he is never there and neither is his Agent. They were never shown leaving Aridia though.
Sources and referencesEdit
- ↑ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoL6UFejC-w&feature=channel_video_title 7:31, the credits of the original Ratchet and Clank, as opposed to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzvxzOKMz9U&feature=channel_video_title 5:03, the credits of Up Your Arsenal. It also spelled his name differently if your subtitles were on in both games.
- ↑ Insomniac Games news update (backup link at web archive)