The way the Ratchet & Clank wiki capitalizes words has changed; therefore, this article should be checked, and, if necessary, capitalization should be fixed.
- For other uses, see Leviathan (disambiguation).
- “ 'I need a gun that launches highly explosive homing mines.' Vox told his design team. The design team fought he was nuts. He probably was because he fed them all to a Leviathan. ”
- ―A narrator explaining the conception of the Hunter Mine Launcher [Deadlocked]
A Leviathan was a four legged, three eyed, giant scorpion-like creature native to planet Sarathos. They were used as opponents in DreadZone challenges, and protected the King Leviathan. Leviathans can either fire blasts from their tails in rapid-fire bursts or a steady laser beam from a distance, and they will also swing their tails at Ratchet if he gets too close to them. They came in two colors: orange (armored Leviathans) and green (unamored Leviathans). Sometimes they would stick just their tails out a pool of green sludge and shoot lasers at Ratchet, keeping their bodies hidden and making it harder to hit them. They often have packs of Shreikers nearby ready to aid in killing Ratchet.
- The first design team for the Hunter Mine Launcher were fed to a Leviathan by Vox after they felt he was insane for suggesting a weapon that shot highly explosive homing mines.
Behind the scenes
- Leviathan's name is based on the identically named Leviathan, a fictional sea monster.
- The Snakebeast was a cut enemy that was set to appear on planet Sarathos.
The Snakebeast was a giant, territorial, and snake-like creature with multiple legs which would hide within small ponds of water. When Ratchet neared a Snakebeast's location, it would raise its head and release a deadly laser beam from its mouth. If Ratchet appeared within striking range, a Snakebeast would burst out of the pond and purse Ratchet on foot.
The Snakebeast was cut from the final game, because the idea of such a creature pursing Ratchet on numerously small legs did not seem very intimidating. Developers later replaced the Snakebeasts with the Leviathans, whose behaviours are similar to that of the Snakebeasts', but they resemble a scorpion rather than a snake.
- ↑ Ratchet Deadlocked prima DVD
- Ratchet: Deadlocked (first appearance)