The way the Ratchet & Clank wiki capitalizes words has changed; therefore, this article should be checked, and, if necessary, capitalization should be fixed.
- “ The Spiral of Death is the latest addition to GrummelNet's line of energy-based weapons. Originally designed by the Fongoids, this baby unleashes a kinetic spiral of energy at your enemies. Just get them in your sights and let her rip. The spiral will take out your enemy, and then nail them again on the return trip! The Spiral of Death! Available only at GrummelNet ”
- ―GrummelNet's description [ACiT]
The Spiral of Death was a weapon that charged up kinetic energy into a spiral and shot it. The energy spirals curved back towards the weapon after firing, allowing for one spiral to hit enemies again on the return run. It upgraded into the Spiral of Carnage which fired three spirals at once. The Spiral of Death was the prize for completing the Silver Cup in the Battleplex Arena.
- It was designed by the Fongoids.
Behind the scenes
The Spiral of Death was the winning weapon design by a Ratchet & Clank fan in the Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time weapon contest. It was one of the five finalists given to the public to vote on for a chance to appear in Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time. It was revealed at Comic-Con that the Spiral of Death would be in A Crack in Time.
The Spiral of Death was created by Jackson Finley. 8 years later the weapon made an appearance in the Ratchet & Clank movie.
- Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time (first appearance)
- Ratchet & Clank (movie) (re-imagined Spiral of Death)
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 http://kotaku.com/5320918/and-the-ratchet--clank-weapon-contest-winner-is
- ↑ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUg5ox8oEns
- ↑ http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/04/17/vote-now-insomniacs-ratchet-clank-future-weapon-contest-is-on/
- ↑ http://www.videogamesblogger.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/ratchet-clank-future-crack-in-time-spiral-of-death-weapon-big.jpg