The way the Ratchet & Clank wiki capitalizes words has changed; therefore, this article should be checked, and, if necesary, capitalization should be fixed. For more information, see the forum.
Strafing was a maneuver which Ratchet could perform by holding down either L2 or R2 in the PlayStation 2 and PlayStation 3 versions of Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando and onwards (except in the PlayStation Vita games) by keeping your finger on the top right corner of the rear touch pad. This was useful to avoid enemy fire/attacks when they were aiming at him. In Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time and Secret Agent Clank, when playing as Clank, he could also strafe. Qwark could also strafe in Secret Agent Clank. Finally, in Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One, Ratchet, Clank, Qwark and Nefarious could all strafe.
Behind the scenes
- It was not possible to strafe like in Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando and onwards in Ratchet & Clank, but it was possible to strafe using Clank's Thruster-Pack by pressing R1 twice in a row.
- Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando (first appearance)
- Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal
- Ratchet: Deadlocked
- Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
- Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty
- Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time
- Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One
- Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus
- Ambiguously canon