- “ Planet Stygia, a beautiful world with pink sand beaches, friendly service, and giant meteor storms pummeling the surface! ”
- ―Dallas Wanamaker [Deadlocked]
Stygia has always been regarded as breathtaking beautiful world, filled with lovely beaches and massive mountains that rise above the clouds. Unfortunately sometime in its history, Stygia soon became plagued by continual asteroid impacts to such a degree that Stygia would be completely destroyed if allowed to continue. The Stygians built themselves Tempus Control Station, which repelled incoming asteroids, saving Stygia from utter annihilation. The value of the station prompted the creation of the Knights of Tempus, who defended the station from those that wished to destroy the station. Like any other planet in the Shadow Sector, Stygia did not recognize the Solana Galactic Government as its ruling body.
Unfortunately for the Stygians, Vox's goons captured the Tempus Control Station, and deactivated the planetary shields, allowing hundreds of asteroids to bombard the planet; all just for higher ratings on DreadZone. Ratchet, Merc and Green attempted to reactivate the shields, but things got complicated with the DreadZone warriors' constant attacks against the squad and technical issues encountered when reactivating the shields. However, with Clank's guidance, Team Darkstar managed to reactivate the shields, ending the asteroid bombardment of Stygia and saving millions of lives in one fell swoop.
Wildlife and Flora
- Stygian Bloodbat: The Stygian is some sort of bat-like creature native to Stygia. It was cut from the game.
- Before the game's release, there was a Dread Challenge of a Hovership race. [verification needed]
- Stygian is an adjective referring to the Styx, the river of the underworld in the Greek mythology. [verification needed]