|Rate of Fire||
1 per second
- "Coming soon to a Gadgetron vendor near you, the Suck Cannon is a prototype weapon that uses new quantum technology to suck up small enemies and convert them into explosive projectiles."
- ―Gadgetron description of Suck Cannon found on the instruction manual.[src]
The Suck Cannon, originally invented by the Blarg, functioned like a deadly vacuum cleaner. It sucked up small enemies and crates using advanced vortex manipulator and quantum compression technology, the device then fired them back out as explosive projectiles at enemies. It appeared in multiple games in the series.
The Suck Cannon is a silvery weapon with a revolving vortex manipulator at the front, it acts as a vacuum by sucking in enemies and then shooting them out at other enemies. Only 5 enemies could be sucked in at a time, and once the vacuum trigger was released then the enemies inside the cannon would be shot out by the trigger (regardless of the amount of enemies inside the cannon). The weapon had no auto-targeting and only small enemies could fit into the basic quantum compression field.
Description in Size MattersEdit
The Suck Cannon sucks smaller enemies up like a vacuum. Enemies that have been sucked up can then be shot out again like bullets. Can also suck up crates.
Blarg vs Gadgetron Edit
The Suck Cannon was originally created by the intelligent Blarg, however Gadgetron had claimed the Suck Cannon was a prototype nearing its release date. It was not fully known who created the Suck Cannon however there were some interesting aspects of evidence:
- In-game, it had been mentioned that the Blarg were the inventors of it.
- It could be found on Blarg-occupied Eudora in the mill.
- Gadgetron claimed it via the official instruction manual for Ratchet & Clank.
- The HelpDesk specifically says "The Gadgetron Suck Cannon" when you first acquire the Suck Cannon in Ratchet & Clank.
- Every following installment of the series that included Gadgetron had the Suck Cannon available. This must mean Gadgetron had the rights to use it after the downfall of the Blarg in Ratchet & Clank.
Dr. Nefarious crisisEdit
During the Dr. Nefarious crisis and onwards, the Suck Cannon could be upgraded to the Vortex Cannon. A Suck Cannon upgrade could only be legally sold to those over 18 years of age, as evidenced by Slim Cognito "accidentally" selling the upgrade to a minor in Up Your Arsenal. "I swear, the kid looked eighteen," he assured Ratchet and Clank after explaining to them the story.
Gold Suck CannonEdit
- The Suck Cannon, along with the Glove of Doom/Agents of Doom, has been in 3 games.
- In the original Ratchet & Clank (at least the Greatest Hits re-release) in the Weapons section of the pause menu, when the Suck Cannon is selected, unlike th eother weapons and gadgets that are shown rotating slowly beneath Ratchet, the OmniWrench 8000 is shown.
|Weapons and gadgets in Ratchet & Clank|
|Weapons and gadgets in Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal|