The way the Ratchet & Clank wiki capitalizes words has changed; therefore, this article should be checked, and, if necessary, capitalization should be fixed.
- “ While the Taunter doesn't have offensive capacities, it's great for luring enemies into mines, forcefields, or simply into range of your other weapons. The Taunter will also activate any mines you've place into the environment, increasing their effective range. When used in together, Gadgetron's Mine Glove and Taunter are a deadly combination! ”
- ―Help Menu description [R&C]
The Taunter was a Gadgetron weapon used to emit jarring sounds in order to attract enemies. Enemies could then be lured into traps or destroyed by another weapon. The Taunter used no ammo. The Taunter was usually thought of as a useless gimmick weapon, but in practice, when combined with the Mine Glove or the Gold Mine Glove, the Mines could activate at a huge range, making the Taunter and Mine Glove a deadly combination. (In this combination, the sound of the Taunter hits the mines, activating them.) The Taunter is also helpful in a Wrench Run for drawing enemies to the edge of their range to hit them safely.
- Taunter! Annoy your enemies and lure them into traps and ambuses with this obnoxious noise-maker!" - Vendor Description
- "While the Taunter doesn't have offensive capabilities, it's great for luring enemies into mines, forcefields, or simply into range of your other weapons. The Taunter will also activate any mines you've place into the environment, increasing their effective range. When used together, Gadgetron's Mine Glove and Taunter are a deadly combination!" - Help Menu Description
- The Taunter's sounds are actually a collection of library sound effects, possibly for the comedic effect.
- The Taunter, like every other weapon in the game, was meant to have a Gold version, but it didn't make it into the final game. However, the texture therefor can be found in the game files, and can be unlocked with a cheat device. Since it wasn't supposed to exist, it had no definite quick-select symbol, but instead had a chicken crossed out, similar to that of a "no parking" sign, a possible joke to the notion that gamers don't tend to be women, as in "no chicks." (Link to codebreaker codes, guide with Gameshark V2/Action Replay V2 codes)
- This weapons also seems to have a bullhorn mode, we can notice it in the intro cutscene of planet Umbris when Qwark was holding a taunter, speaking to Ratchet and Clank.
- The original version was blue instead of red which can be seen in the picture of the article.
- In the beta version of the game the Taunter said 4 different lines in different pitched voices instead of the collection of sound effects it uses in the final game. These were:
"Get over Here!" "Hail to the king, baby" "Oh, a wise guy." "You know your shoe lace is untied."
|Weapons and gadgets in Ratchet & Clank|