The way the Ratchet & Clank wiki capitalizes words has changed; therefore, this article should be checked, and, if necessary, capitalization should be fixed.
The Tornado Launcher was a Gadgetron weapon which allowed its user to create and control their own miniature tornadoes. It shot out a razor disk which spun so fast, a miniature tornado formed on top of it. The tornado could pick up foes, bolts, and debris. The Tornado Launcher was useful when taking out a large and closely packed group of enemies, as the tornado could suck up the enemies and whirl them helplessly around. It was also good for gathering all the bolts within a vicinity, as the tornado sucked up bolts as well. The Tornado launcher could be upgraded to have a Gyro-Turbine using Raritanium, which made the tornado last longer than usual. The Tornado Launcher upgraded into the Tempest Launcher, which still launched a tornado but shot out 900-gigavolt bolts of lightning from its side.
- Use of SIXAXIS
Once launched, the tornados could be controlled using SIXAXIS, while the player could still control Ratchet via the use of the left analog stick. The player could even switch to another weapon and keep using the tornado via SIXAXIS. However, the Tornado Launcher could be a pain to use. The simultaneous use of the analog stick and SIXAXIS was described as "like trying to rub your belly and pat your head at the same time." [verification needed] However, enough practice with this weapon made the controls much easier to use.
Tools of Destruction
Damage increased by 20% of previous damage every upgrade. Weapon damage without Raritanium upgrades:
- V1: 373
- V2: 448
- V3: 537
- V4: 645
- V5: 774
- Raritanium upgrades
- Faster Shooting x2: left hex cost 200 Raritanium, right hex costs 400 Raritanium
- More bolts x2: upper hex cost 300 Raritanium, lower hex costs 600 Raritanium
- More Damage x4: third row hex cost 300 Raritanium, other three cost 350 each Raritanium, all added 5% of current damage
- Bigger Area x2: cost 700 Raritanium each
- Special Upgrade: Gyro-Turbine, tornadoes lasted longer, cost 1200 Raritanium
Quest for Booty
Ratchet started the game with the Tornado Launcher, but it fell into the Azorean Sea when Rusty Pete shot him out of a cannon. Ratchet received the Tornado Launcher from Mayor Worley along with the Shock Ravager when Ratchet returned to defend Hoolefar Island from the Undead Pirates. It started at V3, and dealt 200 damage at V3. It held five ammo, just like in Tools of Destruction.
- Location of the Gyro-Turbine
The Gyro-Turbine was found in Darkwater Cove. To get it, head up the path that leads to the Angstrom's Tune minigame all the way to the spring pad. Jump up on top of the net to the left and across some platforms to the upgrade.
- V3: 200
- V4: 240
- V5: 244
- “ Generate the awsome power of nature at the touch of a button! When these raging tornadoes are unleashed, they sweep up objects and enemies as if they were toys. Move the Wireless Controller to steer them into the path of your foes. ”
- ―Survival Guide Weapon Description [ToD]
- Picking up electrified enemies was a dangerous task, as touching the enemy while spinning in the Tornado would still administer a painful shock.
- This weapon was very similar to the Dynamo of Doom in Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time.
- Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction (first appearance)
- Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty
- Ratchet & Clank: Before the Nexus
- Ratchet & Clank (movie) (re-imagined Tornado Launcher)