- How to obtain: It can be obtained by destroying one fast flying fighter jet or a bomber.
- Guide: One effective way to achieve this skill point is to use the Devastator or RYNO when a jet flies by.
- How to obtain: It can be obtained by swinging on all of the Versa-targets in the last room on the way to the Trespasser without touching a platform.
- Guide: At the end of the planet, right before Ratchet obtains the Trespasser, there is a large room with six versa-targets scattered around it. The skill point is obtained by hooking onto them, one by one, without touching the platforms under them. The most effective way to do so is by turning quickly after grabbing each target and immediately hooking onto the nearest one, repeating this for all six targets.
- How to obtain: It is obtained by destroying three transport ships in the sky.
- Guide: An easy way to obtain this skill point is by using either the Devastator or Visibomb. The Blaster is also able to destroy the ships.
Strike a Pose
- How to obtain: It can be obtained by standing between the legs of the Big Al statue in front of Al's Roboshack.
- Guide: The most effective way to land on the statue is to take the path to the train and continue past the second elevator. By walking left on the ledge at the top of the elevator and gliding down to the statue, Ratchet can stand between its legs and obtain the skill point.
- How to obtain: It can be obtained by destroying a blimp.
- Gude: While it was possible, blimps rarely fly close enough to be destroyed by the Devastator. Guiding a Visibomb into a blimp is the most effective way to obtain the skill point.
- How to obtain: It can be obtained by destroying the Qwarkbot robot.
- Guide: Simply shooting at the robot with a weapon is all that is necessary to destroy it. The first weapon that is strong enough to do so is the Devastator.
- Bugs and glitches: If you destroy the robot without talking to it, the "Explore the City" mission can never be completed.
- How to obtain: It can be obtained by destroying any ten ships in the sky.
- Guide: The Suck Cannon is a particularly useful weapon, because it has an abundance of ammunition available. Otherwise, the Blaster, Devastator, or even Visibomb Gun are able to destroy the ships.
- This article is about the skill point. You may be looking for the trophy in The Ratchet & Clank Collection of the same name and objective.
- How to obtain: It is obtained by beating the Alien Queen using only the wrench. You also need to defeat the other enemies with your wrench during the battle.
- Guide: For most of the battle, dodging and using a Hyper-strike is an effective way to lower her health. However, the horny toads and Alien Snappers that she calls in must also be defeated using only the wrench. The Horny Toads can be defeated with a regular attack, and the Alien Snappers can be killed in a few hits, or alternatively by a Hyper- or Comet-strike. Buying Ultra Nanotech will make the skill point twice as easy.
- How to obtain: The skill point can be obtained by completing a Twisty McMarx at the Hoverboard race. In the high-definition re-release of Ratchet & Clank on PlayStation 3, both the stand-alone game and The Ratchet & Clank Collection, completing this skill point is required in order to gain the Trophy, Twisted Hoverboard.
- Guide: In order for this skill point to be completed, Ratchet has to spin while entering the following buttons: R1+L1+R2+L2 or L1+R1+L2+R2. A whole rotation must be completed before the next button is pressed. The two most effective ramps for completing the whole trick are the large one at the middle of the track and the far-left ramp at the end of the track.
- This article is about the skill point. You may be looking for the trophy of the same name and objective.
- How to obtain: It can be obtained by turning a tank into a chicken using the Morph-o-Ray.
- Guide: The most effective way to obtain the skill point is to return to Rilgar after obtaining the O2 Mask. When equipped, the mask prevents inhalation of the toxic gas and thus prevents any damage from the tanks.
- How to obtain: It can be obtained by finishing the Hoverboard race in less than 1:35 (1:36 in the European version). In the high-definition re-release on the PlayStation 3, both in the stand-alone game and as part of The Ratchet & Clank Collection, getting this skill point is required to obtain a Trophy.
- Guide: The key to obtaining this difficult skill point is to never crash, always skip corners, and always use boosts — either from tricks or special strips. By continuing to do tricks while boosting, Ratchet can effectively have an infinite boost. Crashing will almost always necessitate the player to restart, though it is possible to allow one or two mistakes if the time is made up.
- Bugs and glitches: Sometimes the skill point would be awarded more than once but it didn't do anything.
- How to obtain: It can be obtained by completing the grind rail without losing health.
- Guide: An effective way to avoid damage is to destroy the bombs rather than jumping over them. Another effective strategy is to destroy as many bombs as possible in one run, regardless of damage taken, and then complete it again, since the bombs will not regenerate unless Ratchet dies.
- How to obtain: It is obtained by destroying a Blargian ship with the turret.
- Guide: When using the turret, a non-enemy ship has to be destroyed for the skill point to be obtained. This can be done at any time, and is not only possible during the initial turret segment.
- How to obtain: It is obtained by destroying all of the tanks on the planet using the Sonic Summoner.
- Guide: The most effective way to obtain the skill point is to defeat every other enemy first and return with the Sandmouse (which is located behind the white building on the right near the beginning of the level). If you fail to defeat the final two tanks in the ruined fortress, you can die and pick up the Sandmouse again. The taxi hovercar near your ship will transport you near the turret at the rear of this fortress. Just make sure that every tank is defeated by a Sandmouse. It is also possible, although more difficult, to simply allow the Sandmouse to defeat all the enemies and not just the tanks.
- How to obtain: It is obtained by destroying all of the bombers on the planet.
- Guide: On the path to the first gold bolt on the planet, there are many bombers connected to power sources on the platforms. Destroying these power sources will cause the bombers themselves to explode.
- How to obtain: It is obtained by destroying five ships using any turret.
- Guide: There are usually ships flying within the range of every turret on Gaspar. Though the shots from the turret are somewhat slow, aiming slightly in front of the ships when shooting will counteract this. Destroying as many ships as possible with one turret before moving on to another is the most effective way to obtain the skill point. Dying will not reset the count of how many ships you have destroyed.
- How to obtain: It is obtained by killing a Screamer through the sniper pipe.
- Guide: This skill point requires Ratchet to take the path to the Nanotech dispenser. After beating the first two Toxic Crabs on this path, there is a small pipe to the right that goes through the wall. The skill point is obtained by shooting through this pipe and killing a Screamer.
Hey, Over Here!
- How to obtain: It is obtained by luring a Toxic Crab into a forcefield.
- Guide: Soon after the Magnestrip path as Ratchet, there is a forcefield. On the other side are multiple Toxic Crabs. The skill point can be obtained by luring at least one Toxic Crab into the forcefield using the Taunter.
- How to obtain: To obtain this skill point, Ratchet has to destroy three flying saucers using the Visibomb Gun.
- Guide: It is extremely difficult to lead the missile into a saucer at range, so an effective way to obtain the skill point is to shoot when a saucer is in close proximity.
- How to obtain: It is obtained by blowing up all of the underwater crates.
- Guide: Simply touching the explosive crates will cause them, and all the nearby crates, to explode. By touching each of the explosive crates that are underwater, the skill point will be obtained. Gadgets like the O2 Mask and the Hydro-Pack greatly help save time and effort.
- How to obtain: It is obtained by killing all of the anklebiters.
- Guide: The anklebiters are located at the first intersection to the right behind the trees, before the area where the enemies jump out of the crates. Once located, they are easy to defeat with the Pyrocitor, Walloper, Tesla Claw, or even Suck Cannon.
- How to obtain: It is obtained by destroying five Blarg Rocket Helicopters.
- Guide: The most effective way to destroy the helicopters is to use the Devastator. It may be difficult for the missiles to catch up to the helicopters if the Devastator is fired from lower altitudes. It is more effective to use the Devastator from higher points in the level so that the missiles have less distance to travel.
- How to obtain: It is obtained by destroying all of the cargo ships in the base.
- Guide: The cargo ships are small transport shuttles that slightly resemble the Courier ship that the Novalis Chairman gave to Ratchet and Clank. It is possible to destroy seven out of the eight ships by using the Visibomb Gun from the beginning of the level. The last one is located in a large circular cargo bay. Alternatively, it can be obtained by destroying the one ship located inside the cargo bay with the Devastator and then destroying the remaining seven ships during the battle with Captain Qwark. This can save both Visibomb ammunition and time, as six of the seven ships can be lined up and destroyed in one pass.
- How to obtain: It is obtained by destroying all of the streetlights in the city.
- Guide: There are eight streetlights on the landing platform with Ratchet's ship, as well as four at the platform just below it, four on the 'upper city' path, and six on the path to the gold bolt. However, these streetlights must all be destroyed in one life, as they will all reappear upon Ratchet's death. Hint: To avoid death while following the ever difficult swingshot course, follow the course with your Visibomb.
- How to obtain: It is obtained by blowing up three Blargian ships.
- Guide: The skill point can be most effectively obtained by destroying the ships with the Devastator or Visibomb Gun at the beginning of the 'upper city' portion of the level. By memorizing the path of the black ship that passes by repeatedly and shooting it as it passes, the skill point can be obtained. Two of the three ships can be destroyed with the Visibomb Gun from the platform where you obtain the Morph-O-Ray. With a little patience one of the ships will come fairly close. With the time that it should take you to hit the first ship a second ship should come into view descending. This one can be hit easily without the worry of the rocket going out of range.
- How to obtain: It is obtained by completing the grind rail segment without losing any health.
- Guide: An effective way to avoid taking damage is to destroy the mines with the wrench, Pyrocitor, or Tesla Claw rather than jumping over them. The only exceptions to this are the last two mines, which appear quickly from off-screen. It is usually more effective to jump over these last two mines.
- How to obtain: It is obtained when Ratchet gets a score of at least 4,500 in the Hoverboard race.
- Guide: To obtain this skill point, it is easier to avoid using shortcuts or even winning the race. Simply landing big tricks will quickly accumulate the amount of points needed for the skill point. An effective way to rack up points is to jump off to the right side of the first large jump, landing on the lower platform and immediately veering right into the water. Ratchet will be reset at the point just before the large jump. It is easy to keep landing big tricks and resetting until the necessary amount of points is reached, as long as Ratchet doesn't go too far up the track (causing him to be reset further up). Alternatively, it can be obtained by performing many different tricks over the course of a race, and this may also allow Ratchet to win the race simultaneously.
- How to obtain: It is obtained by killing all of the robots on the Holo-guise path.
- Guide: This is much easier to do after the mission is completed. By dying after defeating the fleet, Ratchet can restart the path. He will then only have to fight the Robot Dogs, as the Sentry-bots will not respawn.
- How to obtain: It is obtained by completing the water path that leads to the Codebot without losing health.
- Guide: All of the spinning electric blades start in the same position, which allows Ratchet to aim for a specific spot to swim through each time. It can take as little as 55 seconds to navigate the course without taking damage if done correctly.
- How to obtain: It is obtained by killing 10 Blarg Elite Guards using only the wrench.
- Guide: Each Blarg can be defeated in two Hyper-strikes. Using a Decoy to distract the guards is one of the most effective ways to defeat them without taking much damage. Obtaining the skill point can be made easier due to a glitch that allows Ratchet to fly to and from another planet while still keeping the amount of guards killed saved. The 10 guards do not have to be killed in the same life.
Behind the scenes
The last obtainable skill point is "Going Commando" which later became the name of the second game in the series. It could have been an allusion to it as well, similar to what the Gadgetron CEO said about a two-year discount.