The Tyhrra-Guise was a gadget which disguised the user as a Tyhrranoid. It also allowed the user to speak Tyhrranese. However, because a Tyhrranoid greeting was not much different from an insult, it was easy to insult a Tyhrranoid when talking to them.
The Tyhrra-Guise could be won in Annihilation Nation.
To talk with one of these creatures, match the icons that pass onscreen with a button press. Miss and you will probably say something insulting or some nonsense ("Watch what you say, though; these guys have really nasty tempers!" —Sasha Phyronix). Depending on the IQ level of the actual Tyhrranoid Ratchet was talking to, they might have to hear something more convincing other than "I am a loyal servant of Nefarious and certainly not a Lombax." It should also be noted that the Thyrraguise was the most flexible of the disguise gadgets" (the other two being the Hologuise and the Holo-Pirate Disguise), allowing Ratchet to jump and even move at slightly normal speeds. This might be because of the fact that this Gadget did not turn Ratchet into a stiff robot or a peg-legged Pirate. Within the vicinity of other One-Eyed Tyhrranoids, they would ignore you and not attack you (even if they saw you transform). Other Tyhrranoids would not be fooled however.
Failed communication attempts
- “Would you like to buy a pre-owned Crotchitizer?”
- “You smell like a dead Amoeboid's backside!”
- “Orange croutons, zoom zoom butterscotch.”
- “Your mother was a nine-toed Snagglebeast!”
- “May rabid space goats devour your liver!”
- “Your sister is a squishy lover!”
- “I emit a noxious effluvium in your general direction!”
- “I love the sweet smell of lilacs in the spring!”
- “Go lick a purple fungus, toad face!”
- If Ratchet took damage while disguised as a Tyhrranoid, armor would not affect the amount of damage he took from enemy attacks. This may or may not be a bug—this is unknown.
- Equipping the Tyhrra-Guise and quickly pressing , , then would make Ratchet use his wrench in the air. In that position he could quickly jump, which would make him jump higher than he normally could.
- Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal (first appearance)
|Weapons and gadgets in Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal|