The way the Ratchet & Clank wiki capitalizes words has changed; therefore, this article should be checked, and, if necessary, capitalization should be fixed.
- “ And let us not forget about the "Electro Shock Undergarments" You invented last fall. ”
- ―Clank [ToD]
- “ Stunderwear! Huge seller on Umbris. ”
- ―Ratchet [ToD]
Umbris was a hot, dry, muddy desert planet tucked away deep in Umbris System in Solana, and was home to Qwark's headquarters. Covered in barbed wire fences, rapid fire machine gun turrets and legions of killer robots, Qwark's HQ made it clear that the self-proclaimed "superhero" liked his privacy.
HistoryAt some point, Qwark set up his headquarters here. Later, Ratchet and Clank came here in hopes of getting Qwark to help them save the galaxy. However, Qwark double-crossed them and forced them to fight his Blargian Snagglebeast in Umbris' underground lava caves. After defeating the Snagglebeast, they took Qwark's tour shuttle off the planet. After Qwark's demise, his HQ on Umbris was put up for sale.
Ratchet & Clank
Characters on Umbris
- Umbris is the last known location of Ratchet's Courier ship, as he flew Qwark's tour shuttle off the planet rather than his own.
- In Tools of Destruction, Ratchet remarked that his Stunderwear was a 'huge seller' on Umbris.
- In the sketchbook, it says it was meant to resemble a WWII battlefield.
- In the Demo Disc Demo of the game, in the Infobot for Umbris, during the "saved more civilisation than any other hero" line, there is a picture of Qwark putting his finger inside a cracked dam with a sign saying "Leaky Dyke." This was cut from the final version, likely due to complaints. It can be seen in this video at 08:18:
- An orbital space station named Umbris Station existed.
- The planet Neptune (in our solar system) can be seen from the cutscene when Ratchet first arrives on Umrbis.
- While fighting the Snagglebeast, the music that plays is the same as that of Zeldrin.
- Ratchet & Clank (first appearance)
- Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando (mentioned only)
- Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction (mentioned only)